Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X Spare Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought it might help those who are still searching. Just got my Model X spare tire kit yesterday from modern spare and just had it tested today. So far so good. It's we made and everything that I will need to change flats are all in the case which in my opinion is neat and convenient. I got bought it on Amazon, it was too late when I found out that it's cheaper on their website modernspare.com. Will post fitment photos soon just waiting for a better camera.
1.jpg

I think the jack is all good. I actually asked them about that before my purchase and they explained that they already fixed the issue by going with a different supplier. I tested the jack that it came with and it looks good and sturdy so far. I think that they also offer a custom order of just the wheel & tire for some bucks less.

Where do you even put that in the car? With my 6 seater I’d have to have the back row folded down permanently to put that in the car.

Option 1: Drop it into the rear deep well
Option 2: Strap it into where a center console would go.
Option 3: How many kids do you have? Each kid gets it on their lap for 25 miles each.

Wouldn’t come close to fitting in the rear well, and strapping it into the second row would be obnoxious, assuming that wasn’t a joke.

How big is this thing? I've put a 22" wheel into the back rear well. I've also put a 22" wheel in between the two middle row seats. Is it annoying? Yes. But I'm not thinking about bringing this thing all the time; Tesla roadside is still sufficient locally. I'm more thinking about road trips where it's better than no spare at all.

How big is this thing? I've put a 22" wheel into the back rear well. I've also put a 22" wheel in between the two middle row seats. Is it annoying? Yes. But I'm not thinking about bringing this thing all the time; Tesla roadside is still sufficient locally. I'm more thinking about road trips where it's better than no spare at all.
That would settle it if you put a 22"er in there (back rear compartment). Mine is empty all the time. So thanks & all good.

In a 6 seater model? I think you're thinking of a 5 seater. The 6 seater model is barely deep enough to hold the mobile connector bundle and an air compressor.

• Disagree
Reactions: spectrum
In a 6 seater model? I think you're thinking of a 5 seater. The 6 seater model is barely deep enough to hold the mobile connector bundle and an air compressor.

Yes in a 6 seater. I just sold my 22” wheels several weeks ago. I was able to fit all 4-22” wheels with tires into the car. This while having 2 car seats strapped into the middle row. I was able to fold the third row for two wheels and put a third into the well. The last wheel went in between the two monoposts seats.

I’m preparing for a 2 hr drive to the airport tomorrow with 3 adults, 2 kids and luggage for a week. One large suitcase, one medium, two carry on suitcases, a diaper bag, two back packs, a double stroller, and a 20” OEM spare strapped to the middle aisle.

I had to fold half the 3rd row for the large suitcase, but everything else is in the trunk and frunk so all passengers will be comfortable and not crammed. I could probably swap the large suitcase and wheel positions, but the wheel was easier to get in there. For good measure I got the UMC bundle in there but I don’t typically carry mine. You are right that there’s nowhere for any usable compressor with a storage tank to go. A small tire inflator would fit, but not a real compressor.

Again, for normal every day driving. Probably not the best solution. But for a known trip like mine, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to carry a spare. It’s better than missing a flight waiting for roadside. Two weeks worth of luggage would be tough though..

Yes in a 6 seater. I just sold my 22” wheels several weeks ago. I was able to fit all 4-22” wheels with tires into the car. This while having 2 car seats strapped into the middle row. I was able to fold the third row for two wheels and put a third into the well. The last wheel went in between the two monoposts seats.

I’m preparing for a 2 hr drive to the airport tomorrow with 3 adults, 2 kids and luggage for a week. One large suitcase, one medium, two carry on suitcases, a diaper bag, two back packs, a double stroller, and a 20” OEM spare strapped to the middle aisle.

I had to fold half the 3rd row for the large suitcase, but everything else is in the trunk and frunk so all passengers will be comfortable and not crammed. I could probably swap the large suitcase and wheel positions, but the wheel was easier to get in there. For good measure I got the UMC bundle in there but I don’t typically carry mine. You are right that there’s nowhere for any usable compressor with a storage tank to go. A small tire inflator would fit, but not a real compressor.

Again, for normal every day driving. Probably not the best solution. But for a known trip like mine, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to carry a spare. It’s better than missing a flight waiting for roadside. Two weeks worth of luggage would be tough though..
I guess I don't know what to tell you then. There literally isn't room in my 6 seater rear trunk well for a spare tire, like not even remotely close to enough room. Tesla must have changed something in the design.

The spare referenced is an 18" tire. Is that going to cause any issues with all the other tires being 20"? I have been in a situation where it would have been really nice to have had a spare. Was over 5 hours away from a service center and Tesla Roadside told me I was SoL.

Just thought it might help those who are still searching. Just got my Model X spare tire kit yesterday from modern spare and just had it tested today. So far so good. It's we made and everything that I will need to change flats are all in the case which in my opinion is neat and convenient. I got bought it on Amazon, it was too late when I found out that it's cheaper on their website modernspare.com. Will post fitment photos soon just waiting for a better camera.
View attachment 346914
I just learned of Modern Spare. Did you ever get to mount the spare wheel on the car? How did it go? Where in the car, do you carry the spare? Thanks...