TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla model X Steering wheel vibration not working !

Discussion in 'Model X' started by oliver4ever, Dec 1, 2019.

1. oliver4ever

oliver4ever Member

Hello
    i have tesla model X 90d i never feeling with vibration >>? my tesla using V9 now >>

how i can test if work or not ?

2. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

x90d? The only vibration you have is Lane Departure Warning.

Turn it on, find a slightly curve road, let the car crossing the lane line itself. Make sure there is no any car around you.

• Like x 1
  3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

What vibeatvib are you looking for?

If lane excursion, then it isn't much

• Like x 1
  4. oliver4ever

oliver4ever Member

Lane Departure Warning is on >> and i never feeling with that

did i must to run off or on any other option ?

5. oliver4ever

oliver4ever Member

it's not must to be like bmw vibration ? or other feel ?

6. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

It feels like you drive over the lane mark with reflection lights. It might works actually, but you might thought it was from the lane :)

7. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

If you “steer” it over the line it might not vibrate. You need to “drift” over the line. It needs to think you are not in control.

8. oliver4ever

oliver4ever Member

i think like any car >> if i toctch the line in high speed must feeling right ?

9. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

For a second there I thought you were longing for the steering wheel to vibrate. Was gonna suggest hitting a few deep potholes

The lane departure warning on my model s was very faint, but you could definitely tell when it activated.

• Like x 1
  10. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what your saying, but I think the answer is no. If you deliberately steer over the line with blinker off, it may not vibrate or alarm. Like someone had posted above, try it on a slight curve and let it go straight. It seems fairly smart on what is real drift vs controlled driving over the line. This is nice because it rarely falses too. But it can be a little tricky to test that it's working.

Oh and if another car is in your path, in the other lane it will REALLY let you know.

Sometimes it just lightly bumps the wheel back into your lane and other times it vibrates and then bumps you back. It's a little hard to predict what it will do when. Don't assume it's broken.

Also make sure it's enabled correctly.

You might also experiment with the steering modes (Sport vs Normal etc.), it might affect how strong you feel it.

• Like x 1
  11. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

It's often describe as one of my wheels feel unbalanced.

• Like x 1