Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Model X Takes Title as World’s Quickest SUV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NnNEuxqoPo” video_title=”1″][vc_column_text]The Tesla Model X is now the quickest SUV in the world.

A video posted on the YouTube channel DragTimes shows a Model X hit a 1/4 mile time of 11.418 seconds at 117.95 mph. The Model X P100D with Ludicrous enabled was only charged to 73% at the beginning of the race.

What’s more, the Model X managed to beat a Lamborghini Aventador SV. Check out the video above.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this isn't too off-topic, but does anyone have advice for a first-timer on the drag strip? I'm going this weekend to the street legals at auto club dragway.

Check in starts at 7 and races start at 9. There's a supercharger about 5 miles away so my plan is to turn on max battery power when I leave the house, get there a little early, and charge to 100% before I check in. I already have my own helmet from previous track days on my old car.

I have a gopro. Any suggestions on best ways to mount it to capture my runs? Any iphone apps that are useful?

Also, I've never used launch mode before (too dangerous on city streets, imo), but I'll have to find a safe place and try it at least once before hand so I know how to use it. any suggestions on most effectively using launch mode?

Get Brooks from dragtimes to drive your car. Worked for me.

• Funny
Reactions: Black/Black MS
I track my cars, but never 4 door sedans or SUVs, they all do terrible compared to a decent sports car...

Yawn. Yet another Tesla beating an exotic in a quarter mile drag race. I'm still waiting for a production EV that can handle a lap or two on a road course without going into limp mode. Any performance sedan that is in the price bracket of a Model S (Caddy ATS-V, BMW M5, AMG E63) will be at home on track days. Currently, Tesla's cars are like the pony cars of a time gone by - good in straight line races, mediocre at anything else motorsports.

In before "moving goalposts" and "who tracks their car".

I hear (read) what your saying but this is not just any supercar. It's a $530k purpose built track car with more power, less weight, and more aero that any average Joe walking down the street would probably bet every penny and then some on to beat any Tesla. And try making a Home Depot run in your Aventador. I'm not sure YAWN is the appropriate response. It is gosh darn impressive what either Tesla is able to pull off in acceleration tests. I don't care how many times you see it.

As far as other sedans in this price category? Try using any of those cars as a daily driver and tell me how enjoyable it is. I've ridden in each of those cars and it can't hold a candle to the Tesla in driving experience. They drive like crap on city streets and make all kinds of unnecessary noise.

But to each their own... I appreciate how amazing all cars are when they do what they are intended to do and do it well. I would never YAWN when another Porsche, McLaren, or Lambo circles Nürburgring better than or close to a track record. Or then dismiss that record cause you can't mount a bike rack to it and take the family to the beach.

What is most amazing is when a car not only do what it's intended to do but then does a little more. For instance, Teslas are amazing daily drivers for doing all of life's necessary things and it just so happens you can smoke a half million dollar supercar if you line up next to one stop light to stop light. That is nothing to yawn at.

Basically, mommy beat Usian Bolt