Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
09C352D1-BAA1-455A-993C-4C6F39E1252D.jpeg
Here is a item that will pretty much take care of those issues of fear on jacking up your Tesla X.
I designed and made these initially for my own use as I do tire service on Tesla’s fairly regularly and was always afraid of the battery pack, pack shield and the side skirts.
After a few dozen prints I found one that works very well.
They are made from hardened fused abs tops with inlaid magnets to hold them up and hard rubber to give clearance and just enough give to allow the floor jack lift plate to rise up keeping away a chance of slippage on a unlevel surface.
Let me know do you have any questions.
Tesla Model X Jack Pad Lift Point Adapter Pad For Tire Service Tire Change Tool | eBay

Attachments

• 7CA90911-6FF1-4BA0-8CE9-A18C2B031EFE.jpeg
    7CA90911-6FF1-4BA0-8CE9-A18C2B031EFE.jpeg
    593.2 KB · Views: 1,627
Last edited:
View attachment 263885 View attachment 263886 View attachment 263887 View attachment 263888 Here is a item that will pretty much take care of those issues of fear on jacking up your Tesla X.
I designed and made these initially for my own use as I do tire service on Tesla’s daily and was always afraid of the battery pack, pack shield and the side skirts.
After a few dozen prints I found one that works very well.
They are made from hardened fused abs tops with inlaid magnets to hold them up and hard rubber to give clearance and just enough give to allow the floor jack lift plate to rise up keeping away a chance of slippage in a unlevel ayrface.
Let me know do you have any questions.

Tesla Model X Jack Pad Lift Point Adapter Pad For Tire Service Tire Change | eBay

I was looking for one of these pads not too long ago, and I want to say thank you for going out and getting these made. With that said, I think I have some feedback as to what could be modified to make an even better product.

1) Based on your photo, the hard rubber compresses a lot. It almost looks like a sponge with how much it flexes. This makes me wonder about the weight distribution across the hard ABS plastic. Especially in the first two pictures as it seems the weight isn't distributed to the corners as it may not be in contact anymore. I would suggest increasing the thickness and the harness of the rubber material to better distribute the weight.

2) In the bottom pad material, place some grooves for the jack. If you're using a thick enough and hard enough compound, this shouldn't affect the pad itself but that would allow it to "lock" into various jack's to prevent movement or misalignment with the jack's themselves. This would also help with weight distribution.

I appreciate your insight, the rubber density was chosen to allow it to do just as it shows a to allow a “squish”into the rubber ineffect a grove as you described to keep from slippage which a thicker or harder material would do the opposite for. The top abs material is fairly thick and I have had no issues with shock to it as the rubber bottom absorbs this.
I designed, build and test these all myself. The materials used play into many factors from heights and clearance to a specific density to allow that grove squish factor to magnetic stacking and placement to allow a better hold when put into place.

I am about to try a single piece of rubber to see if it allows the same squish groove factor which would allow for less pieces and oddly it’s cheaper in material cost.

I don't see how the hole depths is a problem? Just ensure that it fits the smaller hole depth and you're fine. I found that my custom built jack pad works for both S and X.

And with regards to the magnet, I'm not sure if the jacking location is steel or aluminum. If it's aluminum, then magnets won't help.

Just wanted to add my unprompted review: I purchased this for a road trip last month and @Murphy’s Law went the extra mile to get it to me in time. Am I ever glad they did. I ended up having to use it 3 times in less than month, and each garage was impressed with it. Never know when you might need this bit of kit, and I was really glad I had it when I did. Excellent product and service from well-named business!