Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Murphy's law, Thanks for your help with this. I just ordered your Model X tire change kit. Just curious what you recommend for a low profile floor jack? The weblink you provided on the Ebay page is inactive. An amazon search gives me too many options to choose from. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Murphy's law, Thanks for your help with this. I just ordered your Model X tire change kit. Just curious what you recommend for a low profile floor jack? The weblink you provided on the Ebay page is inactive. An amazon search gives me too many options to choose from. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
I use the harbor freight 2.5 or the 3 ton aluminum floor jack.
3 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with RapidPump®

2.5 Ton Aluminum Racing Floor Jack with RapidPump®

Sent the kit out earlier today and added a bonus with it. Any questions ever please call me direct at 512-992-9787 James.

Sent the kit out earlier today and added a bonus with it. Any questions ever please call me direct at 512-992-9787 James.
Thank you for prompt replies. Also, thank you for the Harbor Freight recommendations regarding the floor jacks. They actually have a better selection and more cost effective options then the marked up items I found on Amazon. Thanks for the quick shipping and added bonus.

Reactions: Murphy’s Law
The local tire shop used the pads to lift the car up and repair the second hole in the right rear tire again (missed the first time) and the jack pad came back with a tear in the side of the pad. Here is a photo. Should I get a replacement?

Mike P
IMG_5717.jpeg

The local tire shop used the pads to lift the car up and repair the second hole in the right rear tire again (missed the first time) and the jack pad came back with a tear in the side of the pad. Here is a photo. Should I get a replacement?

Mike PView attachment 455499
Never seen the rubber tear, defiantly can replace that one, mail that one back and I’ll get you another. I’ll message you my direct address.
Looks like they used a curved lift saddle. No worries you have been a good customer.

I would like to use these to swap out 20" winter wheels for the 22" onyx wheels on my MX in the next couple of months. Other than swapping out the wheels, are there any other issues or requirements I should be aware of (i.e. realignment after the swap, TPMS sensors, etc)? This will be my first time doing this so any help and a short tutorial would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the late reply, there isn't much to worry about when swapping over wheels. As long as you have done it before on other vehicles, other than the very small lift areas just make sure you are on a flat level surface, set your suspension to high and set jack mode. The tpms sensors as long as both sets have tesla sensors in them you can reset the size of wheels in the service section I believe. Usually a few miles of driving will reset the light..usually.

3-3.5 ton low profile floor jack, a 21mm socket(non marring) and well a jack pad, remember the X has staggered sizes. torque the lignuts to 129-130ftlbs and reset the jack mode and suspension level when complete.

oh those 22s will drop your range 10-15% from what ive heard. Weight and rotational mass is a killer..

• Helpful
Reactions: forkee
I've done some searching and I'm not sure I've found a clear answer for using this in combination with jack stands to have more than one wheel off the ground at the same time... So, just to clarify, I'd like to use the Murphy's Law jack pad adapters with my floor jack - they're built for that, good. However, I only own one floor jack and don't trust it to support the vehicle on its own... So, if I want to take both front *or* rear tires off simultaneously, I'd typically use the floor jack to raise the front/rear quarter of the car then slide a jack stand under the car on that side. Then, I'd move to the other side and raise that side with the floor jack and again slide a jack stand under the car on that side. The end result, both wheels are off the ground resting on jack stands and my floor jack is away elsewhere in the garage. Does the Model X allow this or do I need two floor jacks and two adapter pads in order to rotate the tires, for example?

Easy reply

Do not use jack stands, it’s safer to do one side at a time with two floor jacks. My and most jack pads are not designed to be used with stands.
Two foot jacks and two pads. Safety first. The X is a heavy girl and well I’m sure a second floor jack is a lot cheaper than dropping her on the ground without wheels.

Easy reply

Do not use jack stands, it’s safer to do one side at a time with two floor jacks. My and most jack pads are not designed to be used with stands. Two foot jacks and two pads. Safety first. The X is a heavy girl and well I’m sure a second floor jack is a lot cheaper than dropping her on the ground without wheels.

Thanks for clarifying! Now off to get a second floor jack and will order two pads. thanks! :)