Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for my kit. Looks great! Cannot wait to try it out! Also, thanks for the cybertruck. My kids assumed you sent it for them.

Also, picked up one of these - RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Lithium-Ion Cordless 3-Speed 1/2 in. Impact Wrench Kit with (1) 4.0 Ah Battery, 18-Volt Charger, and Bag-P1833 - The Home Depot
That impact should do just fine, this is the floor jack we use in the field. The cyber truck isn't kid safe so please don't allow any children to have it. Funny enough its a grownup toy.

https://www.ebay.com/str/murphyslawroadside
The "I GOTTA EAT SALE" STILL GOING ON. Ends soon
Screenshot (70).png

• Love
Reactions: sacfan
If we never change our own tires/wheels using a floor jack, is this something we should still keep in our car? Should it be used when Teslas are put on a lift at the garage when wheels are swapped or rotated?
I have many vendors that use these on lifts though they were designed tinned used with floor jacks. Many shops don’t have the right style of lift so I personally recommend having the shop do a side at a time for rotations or tire swaps, it’s safer and you only need two jack pads.

Well three years ago when i started making tire service tools for the Tesla models I didn't think it would be an endeavor that would last this long but luckily it did as it helped my roadside assistance company thru some hard financial times. I recently produced the 10,000 unit and sent it out as a surprise to a great customer. So many things I've learned over these three years, things i would have never gotten into without this venture and I'm a better person and business owner for it.
This corona virus has devoured many businesses and it looks like my jack pad business may be its next victim, sales have almost fallen off 95% and producing them as I've dine since the first I've done all myself apart from the cutting of the rubber pieces. Im not sure how much longer ill be manufacturing these at this rate and sadly I've set my sales at a break even price point just to get some funds back out of what I've already produced.
If/when i do stop selling i ill have a few dozen put aside for any warranty issues. I would like to thank the Tesla community for its steadfast belief in my products and support of my small business.
I am running a 30% off sale shortly so get them while there on their last sale.

Thank you
James Williford

Reactions: forkee
Well three years ago when i started making tire service tools for the Tesla models I didn't think it would be an endeavor that would last this long but luckily it did as it helped my roadside assistance company thru some hard financial times. I recently produced the 10,000 unit and sent it out as a surprise to a great customer. So many things I've learned over these three years, things i would have never gotten into without this venture and I'm a better person and business owner for it.
This corona virus has devoured many businesses and it looks like my jack pad business may be its next victim, sales have almost fallen off 95% and producing them as I've dine since the first I've done all myself apart from the cutting of the rubber pieces. Im not sure how much longer ill be manufacturing these at this rate and sadly I've set my sales at a break even price point just to get some funds back out of what I've already produced.
If/when i do stop selling i ill have a few dozen put aside for any warranty issues. I would like to thank the Tesla community for its steadfast belief in my products and support of my small business.
I am running a 30% off sale shortly so get them while there on their last sale.

Thank you
James Williford
James,
I’d like to buy four blue ones now for the Model X, to support your small business. Is it best for you if we buy through eBay or is it a little better for you to sell to us directly? Please let us know how to proceed.

If we never change our own tires/wheels using a floor jack, is this something we should still keep in our car? Should it be used when Teslas are put on a lift at the garage when wheels are swapped or rotated?

It's a good thing to have in the frunk/trunk.

I've used mine twice when I've had to get nails removed from my tires. The tire shop did not have something like this. Which was surprising given I'm in LA.

I've had my MX in the shop several times to inspect the tires, both Tesla and other tire companines and eventually at Discount Tires for OEM warranty replacements twice for front and rear tires and never thought about this. Do I need a set of four only if going to a shop, or single for doing stuff in the driveway?

Well, many of the commercial places don't put your car up on one jack at a time, but they put it on a full lift to get it up with one motion and then take care of the tires. The lifts contact the car in 4 points, so I just got four of them. The magnetic plugs remind them where to put the pads and where the contact points are, so that reduces risk of damage to the battery. Big O Tires damaged one pad and I sent it back and got a replacement. I pulled them out for the Dublin Service Center when I needed tires recently and they used them for their lift.

It is just a useful safety feature. If you are doing stuff in your driveway, I guess you could just get one.