Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X versus 2019 Jaguar I-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have both the Jaguar i-Pace and the Model X. I had to drive to California in the Jaguar and I had to draft semi trucks to be able to make it to the Blythe "fast" charger. It only charged at 40kWh and it took two hours (two sessions) to get enough energy to continue to drive. I made it to California in 9 hours where it only takes me 7.5 hours in the Model X. On the way back, the charger I used previously wasn't working. I had to plug into a free chargepoint charger (11 hours) and I stayed at a local dive for $50. At 5 am the next morning, I walked to the Jaguar, unplugged it and drove home. I had to take back roads and I arrived with 3 miles remaining. Stay away from the Jaguar until the charging infrastructure has been vastly improved. I'm trying unload the Jag and I am having a really hard time selling it.

Brent

I have both the Jaguar i-Pace and the Model X. I had to drive to California in the Jaguar and
I had to draft semi trucks to be able to make it to the Blythe "fast" charger
It only charged at 40kWh and it took two hours (two sessions) to get enough energy to continue to drive.
I made it to California in 9 hours where it only takes me 7.5 hours in the Model X. On the way back, the charger I used previously wasn't working. I had to plug into a free chargepoint charger (11 hours) and I stayed at a local dive for $50. At 5 am the next morning, I walked to the Jaguar, unplugged it and drove home. I had to take back roads and I arrived with 3 miles remaining.
Stay away from the Jaguar until the charging infrastructure has been vastly improved.
I'm trying unload the Jag and I am having a really hard time selling it.

Brent
I noticed today this article in the green car reports where the driver experienced big fluctuations
in the SoC display and remaining range indication which raised quite some range anxiety.

2019 Jaguar I-Pace electric car range: Why the short circuit?

• Informative
Reactions: BBone
I didn't see any fluctuations and I was able to get to Blythe with 50 miles remaining. However, I had the climate system off for both trips. I would imagine that if you are using the climate system, you would not be able to make it that far. At the end of my trip home, I was going a little bit fast as I still had some miles - hence why I only had 3 miles remaining - I pushed the envelope!

Brent

Actually, the steering wheel has sensors, so I put the steering column down really low and rested my left hand on the side of the steering wheel and it never nagged me. It is not as good as the Tesla autopilot system, so keeping your hand on the wheel is a must. For example, when there was a line on the right side of the road and I was in the right most lane, there came a time when there were no lines on the left side. For some reason, the car started to go to the left - it should have hugged the right side line.

Brent

The I-Pace is not in the same size class as the Model X. It’s a little thing.

DB8D7A39-21FC-4FCC-8557-0B505ADB3E85.jpeg

Reactions: Peteybabes
We went to look at the Jag. They charge you for every little thing. Manual trunk is standard. Heated seats are an add. And the car is just not as impressive looking as I expected from a Jag. And the staff were crap so it was an easy pass for us.

We went to look at the Jag. They charge you for every little thing. Manual trunk is standard. Heated seats are an add. And the car is just not as impressive looking as I expected from a Jag. And the staff were crap so it was an easy pass for us.

The staff was crap because in most traditional dealerships they prefer you not buy an EV. EVs drive trains are simple (30 or so moving parts vs. over 1000) so they don't break as often. That means no need to buy a high margin extended maintenance contract, or come in for routine services like oil changes, transmission service, cooling system flushes, belt replacement, etc. These are the two of the biggest money makers for the dealership, sales people. and maintenance service writer/sales rep.