Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X vs Model S P90D, world record, Husband vs Wife Shootout....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great video. I don't see it as a husband vs. wife "shootout" though. More of a Tesla "lovefest"!

Happy Valentine's Day!
download.jpg

Thanks Brooks! Very interesting speculation that there still might be some unlocked potential in the S. Would be interesting to see the S with 600 lbs of cargo vs the X. If the X wins, that would prove your point since the S should win due to aerodynamics.

Thanks Brooks! Very interesting speculation that there still might be some unlocked potential in the S. Would be interesting to see the S with 600 lbs of cargo vs the X. If the X wins, that would prove your point since the S should win due to aerodynamics.

Good idea. The easiest cargo is self loading....get three 200 pounders in there to join you (not sure of the rules at the drag strip).

Impressive. :smile:

I noticed that traction was not quite as good as it was when you got the 11.2 quarter mile results out of the P90D Ludicrous a couple of weeks back, as the 60ft times were not in that 1.61x range, but rather in the 1.64x range producing the 11.3.

This makes me believe that the Model X times of 11.6 would have been even better had traction and conditions been the same in that left lane as they were when you ran the 11.2 second times in the Model S.

That your wife was able to do 11.6s on 1.8x 60ft times, is very impressive. I won't be surprised if the Model X produces an 11.5 at some point with slightly better traction and a little more break in.

The Model X P90D is going to surprise a lot of unsuspecting people.

Last edited:
Model X will go 11.5x for sure, I did it on the VBOX when I first got the car..... we only had 1 hour at the track, we didn't get a 100% SOC run for either car and there was some tire squeal as the track wasn't prepped well...

Impressive. :smile:

I noticed that traction was not quite as good as it was when you got the 11.2 quarter mile results out of the P90D Ludicrous a couple of weeks back, as the 60ft times were not in that 1.61x range, but rather in the 1.64x range producing the 11.3.

This makes me believe that the Model X times of 11.6 would have been even better had traction and conditions been the same in that left lane as they were when you ran the 11.2 second times in the Model S.

I won't be surprised if the Model X produces an 11.5 at some point with slightly better traction and a little more break in.

Get a spare set of 20" wheels and put the new Mickey Thompson Street S/S 275/40-20 on there to get that 60 foot down and I bet the Model X has a 10.99 in it!

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked and the 20" factory tires are 420 treadwear and the 22" factory tires are 480 treadwear. Tesla Model X Wheels and Tires Specifications There's probably significant room for improvement with a better tire.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't figure out how to edit my post. I switched it, 20s are 480, 22s are 420.

So awesome that a person who has never dragged before can pull something like this off consistently. That's what I think is so cool with Teslas. You don't have to be perfect every time to hit those numbers. With the ICE cars, the factory specs are probably achieved by professional drivers, shifting perfectly every time, with a perfect launch, in perfect conditions.

Model X will go 11.5x for sure, I did it on the VBOX when I first got the car..... we only had 1 hour at the track, we didn't get a 100% SOC run for either car and there was some tire squeal as the track wasn't prepped well...

An 11.5 SUV is just plain ill.

That will compete with most stock on street tires pre C7 Vettes, and will challenge some of the non Z06 C7 Vettes on street tires as well, not to mention a number of stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros.

That an owner can go to the track in a car pooling grocery getter with a baby stroller in the rear cargo area and run times like those is nothing short of remarkable.

An 11.5 SUV is just plain ill.

That will compete with most stock on street tires pre C7 Vettes, and will challenge some of the non Z06 C7 Vettes on street tires as well, not to mention a number of stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros.

That an owner can go to the track in a car pooling grocery getter with a baby stroller in the rear cargo area and run times like those is nothing short of remarkable.
Z06 is the only non-Tesla American production cars that gets into 11 second range for 1/4 miles. Model S or X Ludicrous would beat all stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros for sure from standing start. Rolling starts is a very different story though. The 707 hp Hellcats will beat any Tesla from rolling starts.