TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tesla Model X vs Model S P90D, world record, Husband vs Wife Shootout....

Discussion in 'Model X' started by fiksegts, Feb 13, 2016.

1. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

2. Xmama

Xmama Member

Great video!!! Thanks you two.

3. wk057

wk057 Senior Tinkerer

Pretty cool. I kind of figured that the X would be virtually as fast. They are the same motors and batteries afterall.

Ever get that 10.9 out of the S yet?

4. Ames

Ames Member

Brooks, that was Ludicrous...I'm sure your kids will never be late for school again!

5. eloder

eloder Member

Love it!

Now to see the Model X against a few hellcats :]

6. astrothad

astrothad Member

My wife said you should have switched cars for a few runs.

I love the stroboscopic effect with the wheels on the X as it accelerates. I realize it would be the same on the S, but I hadn't noticed it before this video.

7. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Great video. I don't see it as a husband vs. wife "shootout" though. More of a Tesla "lovefest"!

Happy Valentine's Day! download.jpg

8. 30seconds

30seconds Active Member

Just fantastic. Can wait to see the X against some unsuspecting sports car

9. commasign

commasign Active Member

Thanks Brooks! Very interesting speculation that there still might be some unlocked potential in the S. Would be interesting to see the S with 600 lbs of cargo vs the X. If the X wins, that would prove your point since the S should win due to aerodynamics.

10. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

Good idea. The easiest cargo is self loading....get three 200 pounders in there to join you (not sure of the rules at the drag strip).

11. CarlK

CarlK Member

#11 CarlK, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    I'll just post the time on the side window to stop those 911 or Ferrari drivers next to me from gunning their engines. Or maybe I, or wife, will get lucky that one will still do. :biggrin:

12. P85DEE

P85DEE Active Member

#12 P85DEE, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Impressive. :smile:

I noticed that traction was not quite as good as it was when you got the 11.2 quarter mile results out of the P90D Ludicrous a couple of weeks back, as the 60ft times were not in that 1.61x range, but rather in the 1.64x range producing the 11.3.

This makes me believe that the Model X times of 11.6 would have been even better had traction and conditions been the same in that left lane as they were when you ran the 11.2 second times in the Model S.

That your wife was able to do 11.6s on 1.8x 60ft times, is very impressive. I won't be surprised if the Model X produces an 11.5 at some point with slightly better traction and a little more break in.

The Model X P90D is going to surprise a lot of unsuspecting people.

13. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

Model X will go 11.5x for sure, I did it on the VBOX when I first got the car..... we only had 1 hour at the track, we didn't get a 100% SOC run for either car and there was some tire squeal as the track wasn't prepped well...

14. retinaguy

retinaguy Member

Really well done! Thanks for linking.

15. Larry93428

Larry93428 Member

Thanks for sharing the video.
    I would think you would run with the lights off.
    ~Larry

16. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

awesome, awesome to the max.

17. PianoProdigy

PianoProdigy Member

Get a spare set of 20" wheels and put the new Mickey Thompson Street S/S 275/40-20 on there to get that 60 foot down and I bet the Model X has a 10.99 in it!

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked and the 20" factory tires are 420 treadwear and the 22" factory tires are 480 treadwear. Tesla Model X Wheels and Tires Specifications There's probably significant room for improvement with a better tire.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't figure out how to edit my post. I switched it, 20s are 480, 22s are 420.

18. leh22a

leh22a Member

So awesome that a person who has never dragged before can pull something like this off consistently. That's what I think is so cool with Teslas. You don't have to be perfect every time to hit those numbers. With the ICE cars, the factory specs are probably achieved by professional drivers, shifting perfectly every time, with a perfect launch, in perfect conditions.

19. P85DEE

P85DEE Active Member

An 11.5 SUV is just plain ill.

That will compete with most stock on street tires pre C7 Vettes, and will challenge some of the non Z06 C7 Vettes on street tires as well, not to mention a number of stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros.

That an owner can go to the track in a car pooling grocery getter with a baby stroller in the rear cargo area and run times like those is nothing short of remarkable.

20. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Z06 is the only non-Tesla American production cars that gets into 11 second range for 1/4 miles. Model S or X Ludicrous would beat all stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros for sure from standing start. Rolling starts is a very different story though. The 707 hp Hellcats will beat any Tesla from rolling starts.