Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X vs Model S P90D, world record, Husband vs Wife Shootout....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Z06 is the only non-Tesla American production cars that gets into 11 second range for 1/4 miles.

It depends on what you are calling a "production car", as there is no universally accepted definition of that. But there are currently, and formerly, and I say formerly because I mentioned pre C7 Vettes in my above post, a few 11 second American cars. The Dodge Viper comes to mind. And the Viper, even the Viper ACR is considered by some to be a production car. 2016 Dodge Viper ACR officially holds the most production car track records - SlashGear

As are the Challenger and Charger Hellcats which are specced for the 11s for the quarter. The 2013-2014 Mustang Shelby GT 500s were both 11 second cars.

Speaking of pre C7 Vettes, the C6 ZR1 and the C6 427 Convertible were also specced for 11 seconds in the quarter. As was the C6 Z06.

But there are at least four current American cars aside from the Tesla specced for the 11s in the quarter. The Z06, the Viper, and the Charger and Challenger Hellcats.

Model S or X Ludicrous would beat all stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros for sure from standing start. Rolling starts is a very different story though. The 707 hp Hellcats will beat any Tesla from rolling starts.

Yes, I am aware of that.

Last edited:
Z06 is the only non-Tesla American production cars that gets into 11 second range for 1/4 miles. Model S or X Ludicrous would beat all stock Mustangs, Chargers, and Camaros for sure from standing start. Rolling starts is a very different story though. The 707 hp Hellcats will beat any Tesla from rolling starts.

hmmmmmm...........

It depends on what you are calling a "production car", as there is no universally accepted definition of that. But there are currently, and formerly, and I say formerly because I mentioned pre C7 Vettes in my above post, a few 11 second American cars. The Dodge Viper comes to mind. And the Viper, even the Viper ACR is considered by some to be a production car. 2016 Dodge Viper ACR officially holds the most production car track records - SlashGear

As are the Challenger and Charger Hellcats which are specced for the 11s for the quarter. The 2013-2014 Mustang Shelby GT 500s were both 11 second cars.

Speaking of pre C7 Vettes, the C6 ZR1 and the C6 427 Convertible were also specced for 11 seconds in the quarter. As was the C6 Z06.

But there are at least four current American cars aside from the Tesla specced for the 11s in the quarter. The Z06, the Viper, and the Charger and Challenger Hellcats.

Yes, I am aware of that.
Yup, you are right. I typed too fast. Z06, Viper, Charger Hellcat, Challenger Hellcat, the old Mustang Shelby GT500 are all in 11 something seconds for 1/4 mile. Only the Z06 is the in the low 11s range though. All the other ones are high 11s.

Yup, you are right. I typed too fast. Z06, Viper, Charger Hellcat, Challenger Hellcat, the old Mustang Shelby GT500 are all in 11 something seconds for 1/4 mile. Only the Z06 is the in the low 11s range though. All the other ones are high 11s.

And the ZR1.

The C6 ZR1 is every bit as quick down the quarter as the C7 Z06, if not quicker, and the Challenger Hellcat has done 11.2 on stock rubber.

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Crowned Quarter-mile King | Autobytel.com

I know that it can be hard to keep up with what is the quickest because that is changing all the time and I love Teslas. But there are some quick American cars out there which can give any Tesla out there a run for its money down the quarter.

That said though, the Model X P90D with Ludicrous, an SUV, "crossover" or modern day "station wagon", capable of running 11.5 down the quarter, is going to give a lot of cars, foreign and domestic, fits in a quarter mile race. And I am very happy to see that.

Last edited:
Another element to this - how many of those "quarter mile kings" get their times from someone who has a lot of experience with getting the best 1/4 mile times?

The video shows a husband and wife and the wife has never drag raced in her life. And yet she is still getting a whole slew of times that are within a couple of 10ths of his S.

On another related front - I ride an electric motorcycle that has an unimpressive 0-60 rating. But, the thing is that everyone who rides it gets that same time 0-60 and there are tons of riders on much faster rated ICE bikes who we leave in the dust at stop lights because they are unaware and/or unwilling to subject their clutches and engines to the abuse it takes to achieve the acceleration figure that they read in the magazines.

But, on an electric bike (or car) you simply peg the accelerator and watch the rated number appear. Every time. All day (until you run low on battery and/or battery heat becomes a factor).

Another element to this - how many of those "quarter mile kings" get their times from someone who has a lot of experience with getting the best 1/4 mile times?

The video shows a husband and wife and the wife has never drag raced in her life. And yet she is still getting a whole slew of times that are within a couple of 10ths of his S.

On another related front - I ride an electric motorcycle that has an unimpressive 0-60 rating. But, the thing is that everyone who rides it gets that same time 0-60 and there are tons of riders on much faster rated ICE bikes who we leave in the dust at stop lights because they are unaware and/or unwilling to subject their clutches and engines to the abuse it takes to achieve the acceleration figure that they read in the magazines.

But, on an electric bike (or car) you simply peg the accelerator and watch the rated number appear. Every time. All day (until you run low on battery and/or battery heat becomes a factor).

True. That's why Car and Driver said they use 5-60 instead of 0-60 to test cars because few owners would be willing to subject their cars to that brutal launch. The guy in that Corvette did not actually win even if he pulled ahead of you.