Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X/Y Bike Hitch back in stock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought one. Does anyone know what else I need to make this work? I found some video on YouTube where it looks like you need to use a screwdriver to remove a square piece of plastic where the connection for the Hitch would be. Is that it or do I need to buy something else? Weird theres no instructions I could find.

Update: I'm an idiot and didn't realize I needed to spend $1000 when I ordered my MY to have the install done under the bumper. For anyone that is thinking about ordering the Hitch, keep in mind you first need to have the hook up installed. I just cancelled my order now =(

There are cheaper alternatives to the Tesla hitch, but they don't enable Trailer Mode, which means your rear proximity sensors will be going off when you carry your bikes.
Yeah. The problem is you first need to have the hook up installed by removing the bumper panels if you didn't include the $1000 tow hitch when you first ordered your car.