Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model X/Y Bike Hitch back in stock

bozer

Jul 13, 2020
NJ
I just bought one. Does anyone know what else I need to make this work? I found some video on YouTube where it looks like you need to use a screwdriver to remove a square piece of plastic where the connection for the Hitch would be. Is that it or do I need to buy something else? Weird theres no instructions I could find.

bozer

Jul 13, 2020
NJ
Update: I'm an idiot and didn't realize I needed to spend $1000 when I ordered my MY to have the install done under the bumper. For anyone that is thinking about ordering the Hitch, keep in mind you first need to have the hook up installed. I just cancelled my order now =(

LNL_HUTZ

Aug 3, 2020
San Francisco
There are cheaper alternatives to the Tesla hitch, but they don't enable Trailer Mode, which means your rear proximity sensors will be going off when you carry your bikes.

bozer

Jul 13, 2020
NJ
There are cheaper alternatives to the Tesla hitch, but they don't enable Trailer Mode, which means your rear proximity sensors will be going off when you carry your bikes.
Yeah. The problem is you first need to have the hook up installed by removing the bumper panels if you didn't include the $1000 tow hitch when you first ordered your car.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC