Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Xmas dance & light show - Easter Egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've received my MX last week and so last weekend I was trying to get the X-Mas show working but I wouldn't work.

The only thing happening was the start of the sound track (3 loud bass sounds) but then it stopped. Now I found out that the suspension needs to be in standard height mode to make the show work ...

Ok, that's strange. Mine fails to do so when in low but when I put it in standard it works o_O

Well, whatever. At least its working :D
Glad you got it working. Others may not be as fortunate so let me explain my 'edge case'.

My new MX was doing the same thing (a few music notes then stop). I did extensive research and like you tried different things including setting height, not being on a slope, no one near vehicle, not parked near bushes/walls, follow procedure in proper order, etc. In the end I requested service and it was a sensor that is normally glued to the FWD but had fallen loose. Tesla fixed it quickly in my driveway. Apparently that sensor coming loose does happen on occasion.

Glad you got it working. Others may not be as fortunate so let me explain my 'edge case'.

My new MX was doing the same thing (a few music notes then stop). I did extensive research and like you tried different things including setting height, not being on a slope, no one near vehicle, not parked near bushes/walls, follow procedure in proper order, etc. In the end I requested service and it was a sensor that is normally glued to the FWD but had fallen loose. Tesla fixed it quickly in my driveway. Apparently that sensor coming loose does happen on occasion.

Well that's good to know. Glad it's solved and you can enjoy the show

That makes sense. Fun fact: the loud bass notes that are played at the beginning of the Model X Mas show are played to calibrate the sensor so if it played the notes and then stopped it sounds like the calibration was failing. Makes complete sense. Being on a slope or in an unexpected suspension state sounds like it causes issues too.

That makes sense. Fun fact: the loud bass notes that are played at the beginning of the Model X Mas show are played to calibrate the sensor so if it played the notes and then stopped it sounds like the calibration was failing. Makes complete sense. Being on a slope or in an unexpected suspension state sounds like it causes issues too.

That's good to now. I didn't really understand why it was playing these 3 loud bass notes.

Another tip is this will not work if your parked close to any buildings cars or people standing to close. Always activate it in a wide open area.

That's a fact. I wanted to do the show last night on my dad's driveway to show it to my sisters kids but it wouldn't start.
Today drove it to my sisters house that has a much wider and open driveway and the show started without any problem.

I have the same situation with my 2018 MX, 3 base notes and then nothing, although I have noticed a pronounced 'click' from around the centre console inside the car as the function fails. . Does anyone know how easy it is to access these sensors and whether this is an issue that can be remedied at home? Presumably the sensors are inside the FW doors.