Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y 2023 Ordering process and Finanacing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just refinanced with United States Senate Federal Credit Union for 3.99%/72 months. It's 3.49% for 60 months, 2.99% for 48 months and 2.49% for 36 months. I joined the US Capitol Historical Society to qualify for membership. These rates all include a half point reduction if you sign up for autopay.
That's a clever move. How long did you had to wait after you joined the United States Senate Federal Credit Union to apply for auto loan ?

That's a clever move. How long did you had to wait after you joined the United States Senate Federal Credit Union to apply for auto loan ?
I applied as soon as my membership was approved, which only took a couple of days. I have heard they are a bit more backed up right now, but still much faster than some of the other options that were being used a couple of months ago.

I applied as soon as my membership was approved, which only took a couple of days. I have heard they are a bit more backed up right now, but still much faster than some of the other options that were being used a couple of months ago.
Thank you for the Info. They just debited $5 for the membership fees, which means the membership is approved and I should be receiving an email by end of day today.

Reactions: OlyY
For anyone who has joined USSFCU and purchased a Tesla, what process did you/they use for the payment? Was a bank check sent to you in advance to physically take to delivery, or was a wire transfer used?
This morning my USSFCU loan got approved and the loan officer said they will send a physical check directly to Tesla in Fremont. They will use USPS (with no tracking info) or Fedex (with tracking info) and they charge your USSFCU savings account or add $30 to your loan amount for that.

I'm waiting for them to send me documents to e-sign and later I can share more info.

Reactions: suprax
For anyone who has joined USSFCU and purchased a Tesla, what process did you/they use for the payment? Was a bank check sent to you in advance to physically take to delivery, or was a wire transfer used?
They give you the option to have it sent directly to you or to Tesla itself. My Tesla rep said if I can get the check before the delivery date this Saturday, to just have them send the check to me and that's what they did. Came overnight through Fedex and I'll just bring the check with me on Saturday.

Reactions: Avi_FL and suprax
They give you the option to have it sent directly to you or to Tesla itself. My Tesla rep said if I can get the check before the delivery date this Saturday, to just have them send the check to me and that's what they did. Came overnight through Fedex and I'll just bring the check with me on Saturday.
I asked them to send the check directly to Tesla as my delivery is still not scheduled. So yes, if the delivery date is scheduled then get the check directly sent to you orelse directly to Tesla