Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y, Dancing Hood.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just parked and got my first Open Hood Notification, wasn’t fast enough to capture a photo, If anyone has a photo of that screen can you post it here,

Thanks
For me no errors have popped up yet, it was the exact same screen as if you actually opened the front trunk. Either way, I don't think Tesla is "requiring" proof via photo or error codes... they didn't question me at all

Reactions: Wennfred
For me no errors have popped up yet, it was the exact same screen as if you actually opened the front trunk. Either way, I don't think Tesla is "requiring" proof via photo or error codes... they didn't question me at all

Good to know, thanks. Also do you recall how long they had the car to make that repair, I’m guess a Moblie ranger can also do the job.

Fred

I just parked and got my first Open Hood Notification, wasn’t fast enough to capture a photo, If anyone has a photo of that screen can you post it here,

Thanks
Here you go.

Attachments

• 127864B4-73E0-489F-9EFE-C30B0C91F822.jpeg
    127864B4-73E0-489F-9EFE-C30B0C91F822.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 82
  • B6F7BFD5-FB8C-4143-AF0F-F9E8067618C0.jpeg
    B6F7BFD5-FB8C-4143-AF0F-F9E8067618C0.jpeg
    773.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 11BDAFCE-C8F3-4617-B5A2-BBB73364A976.jpeg
    11BDAFCE-C8F3-4617-B5A2-BBB73364A976.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 44
Update to my previous post. It was an uneventful mobile service appointment. Under warranty. The tech was familiar with the replacement as it's not uncommon in some early Y builds. 15-minutes; not including the driveway chatting. Mine was intermittent, so time will tell if it's really fixed.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Update to my previous post. It was an uneventful mobile service appointment. Under warranty. The tech was familiar with the replacement as it's not uncommon in some early Y builds. 15-minutes; not including the driveway chatting. Mine was intermittent, so time will tell if it's really fixed.
Nice that you got a mobile appointment, I had to bring it in. Though not a major issue for me as I'm 10 minutes from the SC.

For me the problem was also intermittent for a long time (half a year or so), then it started happening more frequently. Problem was completely fixed after the repair.

Got my car back from service . They directed me to the Tesla Body shop. After thorough investigation they told me that the spring needed to be tightened/adjusted. Car driving and related vibration and jerks ( which the MY has plenty), the spring /clasp was losing the contact and thereby sending an alert that the front hood may be open. Got it back today let me see how the car behaves for the next few days.

Got this same issue last weekend after a long road trip. This will disable Autopilot since it thinks the Frunk is open. Scheduled mobile service which was changed to a service center visit next month. Seems like I'm taking this MY into service about once a month for one issue or another now. 😢

I had the same issue on my MYP (Nov 2020) earlier this summer. The dancing hood seemed to be heat related (seemed to happen intermittently on really hot days (90+) when the car was sitting in the sun for a period of time.

I did have to take it to my local service center for the repair (covered under warranty) because there was another service bulletin they had to perform.

I haven't had the issue re-occur since the service center visit. According to the invoice, the issue was due to front body controller grounding screws.