Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Electric Range Just 8-10% Less Than Model 3, Says Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TMC Staff

May 19, 2017
As a crossover, a drop in range compared to the Model 3 is to be expected. Tesla CEO Elon Musk says the range of the Model Y will be up to 10% less than the Tesla Model 3 due to its shape and weight. In that same Ride The Lightning podcast that brought us news...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/06/04/tesla-model-y-range-model-3/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

This kinda suck because if we are taking a family trip, we would take the Y instead of the 3, they should have at lease give it a 100 kw/h battery with at lease 325 miles range :(
I don’t know about you but on fam trips we are forced to stop about every 200-250miles anyway for bathroom/stretch/snack breaks. I think 300miles coupled with 150kw+ superchargers is very reasonable.

I don’t know about you but on fam trips we are forced to stop about every 200-250miles anyway for bathroom/stretch/snack breaks. I think 300miles coupled with 150kw+ superchargers is very reasonable.

Not every location have a Supercharger, I am planning a trip with my LR AWD model 3, its a 270 miles round trip with no SC on the way, with AC on all the way, I am worried that my 310 range might be pushing it.

The Story pix of an overlapped Y and 3 is wrong! Although they share the same platform, their wheelbases are NOT the same as indicated by the cover picture posted on this story.

This is the correct overlap. With all things being equal, all that's required is a perfect diameter overlap of the front 20" wheel, all else will follow.

IMG_0711.PNG

Reactions: mgraff