Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sunshade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple installation instruction

Attachments

• Model-Y-Sunshade-Instruction-01_1400x.jpeg
    Model-Y-Sunshade-Instruction-01_1400x.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 437
  • Informative
Reactions: mboni and mhcrowder
Simple installation instruction
Thanks. I had planned on returning mine as I was getting a tint (which I now have) and I couldn't get it to fit to my satisfaction. I tried the shade again just now and even with the tint it definitely adds to the protection. Played around with the clip locations some and was able to get it to an acceptable fit so I'm going to keep it after all. One recommendation: include 2 - 4 extra clips as I think that would help prevent sagging. Mine still sags a bit at the top but I can live with it. I'm going to reply to your return email with a request for 4 more clips and as I stated, keep the shade. With a good fit it's a keeper!

Thanks. I had planned on returning mine as I was getting a tint (which I now have) and I couldn't get it to fit to my satisfaction. I tried the shade again just now and even with the tint it definitely adds to the protection. Played around with the clip locations some and was able to get it to an acceptable fit so I'm going to keep it after all. One recommendation: include 2 - 4 extra clips as I think that would help prevent sagging. Mine still sags a bit at the top but I can live with it. I'm going to reply to your return email with a request for 4 more clips and as I stated, keep the shade. With a good fit it's a keeper!
Really appreciate all the feedback. We are working on few different ways to solve the sagging issues (at least most of them), will def keep u guys updated. Once we received ur return email, few extra clips will send out immediately. Thanks.

Here are some pictures. The right side is sagging pretty bad. To be fair they have great service. Vincent has personally reached out to me and will personally take care of this to make sure the new shade will be good this time. I'll report back once I get the new one.

View attachment 551100 View attachment 551101 View attachment 551102
Yeah mine is similar - getting extra clips and will see if that helps. Not perfect as-is but still helpful in the Tucson summer heat.

Yeah mine is similar - getting extra clips and will see if that helps. Not perfect as-is but still helpful in the Tucson summer heat.
I don't think extra clips will help since all there really isn't any gaps between the shade and the car. I think they actually need to make the shade a little smaller, almost need to be stretched so it won't sag when it's up. If the mesh material is lighter, that should help too.

We are working on a cross member (black color) to get more support from the middle of the shade, should help to solve most of the sagging issues.

Once its done develop and production, will ship out to all customers who purchase our sunshades (Free) . ETA for development also production is around 60 days if not earlier. I will keep u guys updated.

good idea, and very good customer service!

Reactions: vinvin218
We are working on a cross member (black color) to get more support from the middle of the shade, should help to solve most of the sagging issues.

Once its done develop and production, will ship out to all customers who purchase our sunshades (Free) . ETA for development also production is around 60 days if not earlier. I will keep u guys updated.
Agreed, I think this is the best fix. Just too big of a curved space to avoid sagging otherwise.