Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Merc EQA being delivered later this week. Like other Aussies, have also decided to buy and source products that are not MIC. Over 30 years ago I stopped buying "Made in France" when they were blowing up pristine coral reefs at Mururoa Atoll in the name of nuclear testing. Even now, over 40 years after the 41st test about half of the radioactive strontium-90 & cesium-137 and all of the plutonium remains in the air water and soil. I still don't buy "Made in France" products today.

Good job the Germans dont have a dodgy history aye!

Also "Made in UK" (Maralinga), "Made in USA" (Bikini Atoll)?
Plenty of crap in the atmosphere / water / soil from all the nuclear testing nations. Thank goodness for modern high powered computers and simulations.
Have a strong passion for our oceans and coral reefs and these issues were very prominent in my formative years as well, hence the strong feelings particularly after the Greenpeace ship was sunk in the Auckland harbor. Can't say I (or anyone) am completely consistent across all of my values and ethics but it's appropriate to question my MIC purchases - even a model Y. I think everyone would hope that our political differences could be resolved \ reconciled somehow.

Tesla fanboy is back!!!

In this thread: "I never really wanted the Model Y anyway because [made up virtue signalling]. [insert inferior EV here] is just as good an available now so I ordered one. Tesla won't ship the Model Y to Australia for decades!"
No one really says this. Why so overly protective?

The problem is that Tesla have their head up their derrière when it comes to information and interest in Australia. Model Y "Stay tuned"... LOL! What a joke. Model X & S delivery Q4 2022. Seriously.

To all Tesla fanboys, please stick your heads right up with Tesla and hold your breath until orderbook opens!

Nah, just kidding. I actually missed you and your opposite view GrimRe. 😂

Tesla is great, but when they have nothing to show for it yesterday, today or tomorrow, you look for alternatives. It's as easy as that!

No needs to be an overprotective fanboy. It doesn't look good on you.

I've prepared this post especially for Tesla fanboys to get their jucies pumping. GrimRe - you with me? You've been awfully quiet this morning o_O

In this thread: "I never really wanted the Model Y anyway because [made up virtue signalling]. [insert inferior EV here] is just as good an available now so I ordered one. Tesla won't ship the Model Y to Australia for decades!"

"I never really wanted the Model Y anyway because [I wanted something much better...Like this "motored brute of a Tesla Killer reaches a full charge in 3 hours anywhere you can find a 220V 1ø household socket...you would look badass driving one of these in a video posted to your Tik-Tok or YouTube channel"]. [AMI EV] is just as good an available now so I ordered one. Tesla won't ship the Model Y to Australia for decades!"

You know you can reply to threads and not be an asshat?​

asshat​

noun

ass·hat | \ ˈas-ˌhat \

plural asshats

Definition of asshat

vulgar slang
: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person : ASSHOLE

Thank you very much Sir. I haven't been called an ASSHOLE this early in the morning ever before. You've really made my day!

Citroën Ami looks kinda cute, similar to the reborn fiat 500 only smaller.
I’m a Rivian fan so I’ll use it as the ‘Goliath….’ that follows.

As fast as it charges, I think a Rivian would mow it down and spit it out as clippings in any kind of collision tho 😳

Reactions: DrTe$la
People also need to be a bit less, shall we say, reactive if they come on a certain car brand forum and then go on and on about how bad that brand is and that they are going to buy another brand. Then throw the fanboy term around (it is a Tesla forum, there are bound to be a few people on it who are quite keen on Teslas) should anyone have the gall to point out a few potential issues with their proposed purchase.

Anyway looking forward to seeing a pic of the shiny new notaTesla in November. I hope it goes well, they look alright! Also I assume the purchaser is across any issues that are being experienced by people who have bought this model but I am sure they are being discussed at length on the relevant forum by the relevant group of fanboys.

I for one will not be crossing any bridges today!

Reactions: adee and GrimRe
When GF Berlin ramps up production Tesla is certain to ship some Chinese made Model Ys here...
Q4 2021 possible, Q1 2022 very likely, Q2 2022 almost certain...

I can't see Berlin and Austin having that many problems ramping up Model Y production... 3-6 Months should mean at least 3,000 per week each, 6,000 per week combined.

People also need to be a bit less, shall we say, reactive if they come on a certain car brand forum and then go on and on about how bad that brand is and that they are going to buy another brand. Then throw the fanboy term around (it is a Tesla forum, there are bound to be a few people on it who are quite keen on Teslas) should anyone have the gall to point out a few potential issues with their proposed purchase.

Anyway looking forward to seeing a pic of the shiny new notaTesla in November. I hope it goes well, they look alright! Also I assume the purchaser is across any issues that are being experienced by people who have bought this model but I am sure they are being discussed at length on the relevant forum by the relevant group of fanboys.

I for one will not be crossing any bridges today!
So true.

I came here loaded with cash to buy a house and two Tesla Model Y, directed by the almighty Google searching for when Model Y would hit the sandy shores of Australia as it is impossible to get a new Model X. However, I got none the wiser and it feels Tesla has very little interest in Australia. After all, even 2nd and 3rd world countries have or are getting Teslas this year. I get the same feeling when I hear that Australia was ranked as the 35th industrialised country when it came to number of vaccinated people some weeks ago...

Instead I was met by some sour comments from "know-it-all" type of characters telling me how great Tesla is and how crappy everything else is. So I couldn't resist the glee of filling the blanks left open by a true believer with the greatest innovation ever. This one from France - a Tesla Killer just to spice it up. The AMI EV that ticks every box. All in good humour. :D

You are right. I guess I hit a nerve when combining the words Fan + Boy. I sincerely regret that. Unfortunately, it induced some unwanted toxic reaction and just like the AMI EV where you can't figure out what is the face or the arse of the car, some NZ/Yank decided to combine the most absurd words. AssHat. How funny!

In order to avoid causing imminent IBS symptoms in said person or any others for that matter, I shall henceforth not combine the inflammatory-inducing words Fan + Boy. Instead I will combine the words Fan + Atic.

Lol - just joking. Don't throw stones in a glass-house...etc...

But thank you, I will pick up my wheels and post some pics. It was never meant to be a Hyundai. l could only manage to buy one because the website was flooded. So in other words, I'm still in for a second SUV, albeit the need is not as critical and my wife can live with the crappy KIA rental for some time. But when a man needs wheels and you can't get the meanest car, you opt for the second meanest ride.

The question remains. WHEN will the utterly boring Tesla management pull their head out of their derrieres and provide us with (always shifting) delivery DATES for Model Y? Be it 3 months, 6 months or a decade??? Can't Mr Musk align the Starlink satellites and tunnel the news through? It's not rocket science... is it? Or maybe... it is?

When GF Berlin ramps up production Tesla is certain to ship some Chinese made Model Ys here...
Q4 2021 possible, Q1 2022 very likely, Q2 2022 almost certain...

I can't see Berlin and Austin having that many problems ramping up Model Y production... 3-6 Months should mean at least 3,000 per week each, 6,000 per week combined.
My thoughts exactly. Berlin and Texas are both expected to start production this year and then take a year to reach volume production. This is all the while Shanghai is still ramping.

I watched the out of spec review of the mx-30.

It's.. 100 miles range.. Being generous.

He peaked at 33kw charging and down to 22kw later.

Interior and driving was fun if poor power.
MX-30 I think is better compared to the upcoming Tesla $25k car. If that’s the best legacy auto can do it’s going to be a bloodbath.

Reactions: Leeroy
I've prepared this post especially for Tesla fanboys to get their jucies pumping. GrimRe - you with me? You've been awfully quiet this morning o_O
Welcome to the Forum @DrTe$la. I am the local moderator and regardless of the strength of your arguments, I consider statements like the above to be baiting.
This behavior is against forum rules as it can be considered harassment.
The only reason you are not serving time in moderation or suspension was your later post that could be construed as an apology.
TeslaMotorsClub is a place to seek knowledge and politely discuss ideas, its not somewhere to try and rev up the "Fan Boys and Girls".
Please keep this in mind going forward.