Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not looking good for us unless HK have a limited allocation and that has been exhausted.

I was under the impression the UK will be getting Ys from Berlin as will the rest of the EU (Shanghai until Berlin is up to speed) and that Asian will get theres from Shanghai and this includes Australia.

Reactions: Fazza
Well, I've given up waiting and ordered an M3P. Will see whether the Y will be released before my 3 gets delivered. If it does, then I may make the switch over. Other than that, still clicking away every so often in anticipation and with hope the Y configurator opens up here.
In the same boat. driving a sr+ since August, and I’ve put a deposit for a M3P.

Wife is getting fed up waiting for MY. She really wants it, but it doesn't look good. If we don't hear anything before December, we won't see anything before Q2 with Performance most likely coming first. My bet is still on Q3 earliest for LR. Demand is just too high. We are getting a bunch of M3 in Australia soon instead of the MY we should have received if Berlin would have been cleared...Environmentalists and fugly politics!

She wants a car, but twins and a double pram in a M3 just doesn't work. Having to drive two M3 to the shop, beach and kindergarten just doesn't cut it. What a mess...

Reactions: moa999
Wife is getting fed up waiting for MY. She really wants it, but it doesn't look good. If we don't hear anything before December, we won't see anything before Q2 with Performance most likely coming first. My bet is still on Q3 earliest for LR. Demand is just too high. We are getting a bunch of M3 in Australia soon instead of the MY we should have received if Berlin would have been cleared...Environmentalists and fugly politics!

She wants a car, but twins and a double pram in a M3 just doesn't work. Having to drive two M3 to the shop, beach and kindergarten just doesn't cut it. What a mess...

Things MAY change quickly if Berlin comes online soon. Have you looked at the Volco XC40 Recharge? I have not driven it, but looked at it in person, It certainly looks like a decent vehicle. Obviously the elephant in the room is the supercharger network, but With Tesla possibly opening it up soon, it could be an option. The charge port location is even perfect!

XC40 Recharge is horribly inefficient and the inside looks like old man turned into cars.

Certainly its inefficient, but that may or may not be a concern to the buyer. As for looks, I actually don't mind it inside or out! The thing with the Model Y is, I don't think currently anyone is getting change out of $100,000 as I don't think we will be getting a RWD version or a Standard range either. And currently, the Model 3 is VERY cheap in Australia compared to other markets, how long can that last?