Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going on sale this August for Australia, right?

B26ECA30-2B27-45B1-A88E-15C02016EECF.jpeg

Update: crap, was on the USA site….

Last edited:
Im okay with that. I'll happily accept a Y right now with 2170 cells.
Yes just bring it out already Tesla! Surprising they're taking this long to bring to Aus. market which thrives on cross overs.. It will sell like hot cakes regardless of price percentage wise maybe even more so than UK, HK, perhaps even Chinese market - instead just giving Aus the cannibalised model 3 stock those market waning off the model 3

Yes just bring it out already Tesla! Surprising they're taking this long to bring to Aus. market which thrives on cross overs.. It will sell like hot cakes regardless of price percentage wise maybe even more so than UK, HK, perhaps even Chinese market - instead just giving Aus the cannibalised model 3 stock those market waning off the model 3

Only 3 for our market, no S and no X either...crazy stuff.

My wife asked me should we buy a new X to replace her mid-2018 X (she mainly wants the extra km's per charge)....I said what's the point....they're not even advertising the expected delivery date or the cost, just a refundable $350!

For a company making 7.5 times greater profit this year than last you would expected more....

Last edited:
Reactions: Nathanwhalan
Only 3 for our market, no S and no X either...crazy stuff.

My wife asked me should we buy a new X to replace her mid-2018 X (she mainly wants the extra km's per charge)....I said what's the point....they're not even advertising the expected delivery date or the cost, just a refundable $350!

For a company making 7.5 times greater profit this year than last you would expected more....
Based on the earnings call comments I’d suggest the chances of Y, S, or X hitting australia in 2022 are near zero. Oh and roadster. Definately zero on that.

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
I have a more positive outlook after that earnings call. I think their comments about no new vehicles in 2022 is a good sign that Y orders and deliveries will happen this year in Australia.

As Tesla mentioned they will focus on production of current models this year, with Berlin and Austin coming online soon and even deliveries happening in Q1, Tesla will want to keep sales high so that means opening up additional markets which would be Australia for the Y.

I wonder why (if this is true).
Thought our m3 sales here are increasing by a lot, or at least feels like it
Model 3 sales were estimated at 12k in 2021, I expect this to increase pretty steeply given incentives, more charging options and competition bringing a focus on EV's in general (to which the value proposition and brand awareness of Tesla are strong). Camry sold just over 12k last year for reference.

Edit, Source

Also interesting reading:
Why Tesla don't report sales in Australia

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: adee
Theres something fishy going on.
Model Y deliveries begin in the UAE shortly. This is fine, order page has been open since September

But then you have Israel deliveries to start soon and they havent even had the configurator open????

The Model Y has been certified in Australia since October 2021 and orders still arent open. Wtf Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: positiv and Fazza