Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the Forum @DrTe$la. I am the local moderator and regardless of the strength of your arguments, I consider statements like the above to be baiting.
This behavior is against forum rules as it can be considered harassment.
The only reason you are not serving time in moderation or suspension was your later post that could be construed as an apology.
TeslaMotorsClub is a place to seek knowledge and politely discuss ideas, its not somewhere to try and rev up the "Fan Boys and Girls".
Please keep this in mind going forward.
Absolutely. Will do.

I agree, it was immature to try to be witty stereotyping people who have been sarky in prior posts and biting back.

However, I guess that it is acceptable and in line with forum policy to call someone an asshole for being witty 🤔 ?

I don't even know this guy...👇

You know you can reply to threads and not be an asshat?

Definition of asshat

vulgar slang
: a stupid, annoying, or detestable person : ASSHOLE

Moderation is not an exact science, when taking action such as calling out, moderation or banning we take into account which member started the bad behaviour, and the posting history of the members involved, which includes how long they have been a member. 2 months V 2 years.
Your recent postings appear to have been designed to elicit a reaction, using the inevitable reaction and whataboutism to portray yourself as the unfairly treated party will not help your case.

The question remains. WHEN will the utterly boring Tesla management pull their head out
Not sure what your problem is?
You have choices. Why not go elsewhere, instead of ranting like child who cannot find its toy.
Given the achievements of Tesla, I cannot agree with your claim where their heads are.
The way you go on about it seems to confirm where yours is.

When GF Berlin ramps up production Tesla is certain to ship some Chinese made Model Ys here...
Q4 2021 possible, Q1 2022 very likely, Q2 2022 almost certain...

I can't see Berlin and Austin having that many problems ramping up Model Y production... 3-6 Months should mean at least 3,000 per week each, 6,000 per week combined.

Those are my thoughts as well. I suspect Tesla will send Chinese Model Y's here early into the Berlin production ramp. It'll save Tesla money on shipping and they can waitlist europeans for cheaper local cars (avoiding EU import taxes).

Not sure what your problem is?
You have choices. Why not go elsewhere, instead of ranting like child who cannot find its toy.
Given the achievements of Tesla, I cannot agree with your claim where their heads are.
The way you go on about it seems to confirm where yours is.
Noting history is littered with failed yet once highly successful and innovative global companies that refused to be more future focused (not suggesting tesla isnt future focused). Kodak, nokia.

Reactions: Max_G and Leeroy
The video yesterday from the Tesla crash lab shows how innovative they are, even behind the scenes. Rather than just maximising the govt crash test scores, they are closing the loop between simulated and real world data from all crash types, vehicle design and airbag/seatbelt operation and software updates.

I also think unlike Kodak and Nokia, if a new car propulsion or energy storage system proved to be better than what they are using now, they wouldn't hesitant in jumping to it.

Reactions: Max_G
Honestly I doubt tesla is unique in testing outside of crash spec stuff
I am sure about your doubt being honest, but where is the evidence other carmakers go that extra mile.History tells us that carmakers only implemented improvements based on consumer and regulatory pressures. Similar to emission targets, where carmakers still lobby today for lifting the limits. More related info here: Automotive safety - Wikipedia

They are likely to fire it up next month. I watched the factory tour, looks like it could start up on a reduced output tomorrow!
My thoughts exactly. I know consultation closes today for the public on the last environmental hurdle and they will apparently fast-track the approval which could mean production starts this week or next and they can start getting those german Ys to Europe. I mean, Italy just sold like 400 Ys for crying out loud, when should have been before them!

My Android phone showed an update on the Model Y web page today. Scuffled over in hopes to be massively surprised even though I don't hink we will see model Y anytime soon.

Apparently there was a change in the specs (if you expand the specs at the bottom of the page by pressing the plus sign).
Premium Connectivity (30 days inclcuded) was added to the list.

I know that Premium Connectivity has been a debated topic, but wasn't it free for 1 year?

I was hoping the change on the webpage would be in preparation for something positive coming out here, but it seems to be over several countries / regions, so it isn't specific to the Aussie page...