Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Model Y configurator is live in the UK. Not sure what to make of this other than they are only doing the LR and Performance models. LR is $100k AUD
A comment in the UK forum Model Y thread suggests that Berlin is set up for producing LHD and RHD. It seems reasonable to expect UK production will be coming from Berlin.

Still hoping that Shanghai, as Tesla's flagship LFP battery production site, will be producing SR for Australia from the start.

30 days 3 SR+, 1 year 3 LR / P

That's what I thought. But now it is added on the main specs page of Tesla Model Y.

If I go to the UK site and want to order a MY LR, it says nothing of Premium Connect. When I place my car in the giant shopping cart and go to payment, it says 30 days Premium Connect.

Not a dealbreaker, but so not cool.

Edit: same applies for Model 3 LR... 30 days...both for UK and AU!

What a cheeky move!

Last edited:
Looks like Model Y configurator is live in the UK. Not sure what to make of this other than they are only doing the LR and Performance models. LR is $100k AUD
Noticed this. This is a good sign for us. The UK always has to come before Australia (happened with the 3). Not sure why but another step forward. Possibly approval for Berlin we dont know about and they are prepping orders. I mean they dont deliver till "Early 2022" according to the configurator.

Anyone remember how much longer Australian orders for the 3 took to opened up after the UK?

Surely the UK would be getting Berlin production.

Question on whether Berlin is being tooled for RHD production, and the efficiency of switching on the lines.

If you read the thread in the UK part of the forum it appears at least the initial deliveries are coming from Shanghai.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Cause they are literally hours apart.

What is relevance of this?
I agree (lack of relevance). Obviously the margins out of the Berlin factory are going to be comparable, otherwise they would have just built a second Chinese factory.

Different margins would not be 100% due to wages. Berlin manufactured vehicles will also have lower costs including shipping and import tariffs (not sure how this applies to the UK post Brexit). That also doesn't account for whatever manufacturing/vehicle design changes will take place.

Aus model y owners manual, unfortunately nothing about seven seat option so far :-(

At least it has a towing section

1634835455485.png

Reactions: RobDickinson