Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only crazy person to even consider P?
Checking some youtube videos, someone tested their MY SR highway speed (in around 27c) - 100% battery to 0% gave him about 300-320 km.
This gives me roughly 150km one way for a day trip - not even, considering this is without any weather or traffic interference.

Playing around with ABRP, this means a trip to Newcastle will require us to at least charge it once on the way back.

However we presumably will dislike the harshest suspension in P. With wife and kid in tow, they will probably feel it more.
Note: I'm coming from old Forester turbo (XT)

Last edited:
Am I the only crazy person to even consider P?
Checking some youtube videos, someone tested their MY SR highway speed (in around 27c) - 100% battery to 0% gave him about 300-320 km.
This gives me roughly 150km one way for a day trip - not even, considering this is without any weather or traffic interference.

Playing around with ABRP, this means a trip to Newcastle will require us to at least charge it once on the way back.

However we presumably will dislike the harshest suspension in P. With wife and kid in tow, they will probably feel it more.
Note: I'm coming from old Forester turbo (XT)
Get the P and get Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Adjustable Coilovers and be done with it....you'll not regret it.

Edit: by the way, lowering it every so slightly will probably increase your range to near on as good as the Long Range ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairyman and Leeroy
Get the P and get Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Adjustable Coilovers and be done with it....you'll not regret it.

Looks great, but the cost will stack up quickly after shipping, installation and $$ conversion thrown in.

Looks great, but the cost will stack up quickly after shipping, installation and $$ conversion thrown in.
About AUD$6,000 for the Coilovers, shipping, taxes (17% with duty and GST) and conversion plus installation....if you really want a P that gets nearly the same KM's as a Long Range and you want it "now" (as in Long Range can't be had) then it's not a bad price to pay....

I have the same Coilovers going on my Model 3 Performance...makes it lower (looks good without scraping) but a much nicer comfortable ride without being floaty or leaning badly in corners...best of "all the worlds"....it's a no brainer for me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Benzz and Leeroy
Yeah that's another option. I've asked the mechanic I know, they can do it for $2800- 3000, install only.
I think the coilover itself could cost 5-6k alone delivered.

Did you get the MPP for your M3P?
Install should take 3-5 hours and cost you NO more than $1,000....you are getting ripped off with that quoted price....

Yes a little less than $5k delivered (with all shipping, taxes, stamps etc.)...add about $1,000 for installation and one gets $6,000...in my view not too bad for what one is getting (comfort that is adjustable, aesthetics (lowering a lot or a little), range increases)...

Reactions: Benzz and rx80
Are they adjustable by the user or do you need to go back to the mechanic to set height and stiffness?
The stiffness (rebound etc.) anyone can do at home....adjusting the height if one has jacks you can do at home....I think for people that are not tracking you pick your height for whatever your reasons are (aesthetics, range increases, handling, not bottoming out for those with big angles on driveways (more of an issue on a 3 than Y)) and then set a comfortable stiffness (so it is softer than stock, even more so than the RWD/LR) but yet still has very good handling characteristics....once set I image it would be a forget situation for most...

Im concerned about this lockdown in Shanghai. Reports are that its indefinite and possibly no production from that factory for all of April. We know the first month of the quarter is usually for production of export stock so this could have big implications for us and other countries receiving stock. The only solution would be to divert China stock to export markets once the factory reopens and im not sure they will given the backlog there.

1649650271351.png

Created a chart now to keep track of the model Y sales

View attachment 792265

Created a chart now to keep track of the model Y sales
What a great initiative sweetie.
You can update it to negative 3 (-3).
Not waiting around any longer longer. Have a PS2 with VIN in Australia to be delivered soon

Reality check. Shanghai will continue lockdown for quite some time. War on COVID by Mr Xi. God bless the stupid fool. We all know how it went down here. One day we were keeping it out, the next we have to learn to live with it.
Wonder how long it will take him to figure it out.

You guys will still be waiting here for 6-9 months minimum.

Savvy?