Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know we are all EV mad, but seriously, the best mid size SUV for many families at the moment is the Hybrid RAV-4 there is a reason its whipping it; it can be delivered in less than 6 months, and uses very little fuel for its size. I'll continue to receive hate, but hybrids (not plugins) are a better use of cells to reduce emissions. Even better, the X-Trail and Qashqui are also nearly ready with their interesting e-Power drive train that gets user used to the EV driving experience in a series hybrid config using only 2kWh of cells. Seems like a no brainer for many EV skeptics. Once they get used to the electric motor always ricing the wheels, the more they will gravitate towards a full EV in years to come.

Just a little FYI, my change detection bot picked up a change on the performance version early this morning. WLPT range went from 480km to 514km. No other exciting news sorry.

8E22A25A-355C-4F5A-8ECB-2F3BEE55C612.jpeg

model Y cars, seen heading to Melbourne

It‘s a shame we can’t see if the road signs are in English or read all the detail on the registration plate.

I suppose by the process of deduction this looks genuine. The image hasn’t been mirror reversed, unless someone photoshopped the rego plate, the rego plate could be from the National Heavy Vehicle scheme and if so the letters are consistent with a trailer based in Victoria, so that adds up, and they do look like Model Y not X. We can’t see if they are LHD or RHD.

So if this all adds up, it could be a very significant development.

Do you know where this was claimed to be taken or did you take the photo yourself?

It‘s a shame we can’t see if the road signs are in English or read all the detail on the registration plate.

I suppose by the process of deduction this looks genuine. The image hasn’t been mirror reversed, unless someone photoshopped the rego plate, the rego plate could be from the National Heavy Vehicle scheme and if so the letters are consistent with a trailer based in Victoria, so that adds up, and they do look like Model Y not X. We can’t see if they are LHD or RHD.

So if this all adds up, it could be a very significant development.

Do you know where this was claimed to be taken or did you take the photo yourself?
Claimed to be taken on the hume on the way to Melbourne