Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Leeroy
Its Legit.
Now its just a matter of figuring what they are doing. Main guess from most at the moment is that these are Press vehicles. This makes sense as most press vehicles get registered in Vic then sent out to all publications.
These appear to be the SR Y model given no badging on the back.

I guess Tesla Oz/Nz might still do press cars but most places they have stopped

The cars that are supposedly performance vehicles do not have red brake calipers or the 21" uberturbines or dual motor badges. Only the 20"optional black wheels, so maybe these are all standard range cars or long range versions? Unless Tesla is changing out brakes, fitting new wheels and badging to the "performance" cars?

Not worried about the said terrible comfort?
The two things that hold me back are the ride and price difference. Would have added range to that but now there is very little difference in range from LR to P. Neither ride nor price a total deal breaker, we are used to firm rides. But if there is clearly no chance of an LR delivery (stressing delivery not order) before mid next year then I will be sorely tempted. Assuming a 6 to 9 month wait from order on one (? who knows) then if there are no Assie LR orders before Sep/Oct this year then you would expect third quarter 23 delivery....