Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think with the number of Model 3 on the road, most tyre shops have seen a Tesla or 2 by now. I use Jax Marrickville and they know my Model S quite well now, know how to put it in jack mode, where the lift points are etc.

Indeed. I cannot now go for a drive anywhere in Sydney and not see another Model 3, even if I’m only out for a few minutes. Seeing 6 or more in a 20 minute trip is not uncommon. They are the new Toyota Camry 😊

At least our Gen 1 Leaf is still a rarity 🤣

It’s really only an extra 75km as you’ve gotta get back out again

Not if there’s a charger at your destination for the night.

I don’t particularly care if I’m on a road trip and arrive at my destination with 10% range remaining. Even a slow trickle charge overnight and I am good to go the next day. I am, however, unlikely to run it that low during the day between charges. Just in case I need to skip a charger that is OoO or occupied. 150km extra range could make all the difference.

Reactions: Hagrid and Leconte
Online videos don't show rear parcel shelf yet I thought that was standard for MIC since early 2022... ? Also matrix headlights for SR? Anyone got any insights into these two things ? Thanks
Just checked with Tesla Advisor at Parramatta store and he confirmed it's Matrix headlights for Model Y SR. I'm not an expert but maybe someone can confirm after looking at the picture below. Grey - Model Y SR and Red - Model 3

Attachments

• 20220612_103952.jpg
    20220612_103952.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220612_104017.jpg
    20220612_104017.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Informative
Reactions: Stratman
Anyone know if the boot will have any tie down hooks (cargo hooks)? I see they've been added to the MIC models but couldn't see it mentioned in our owners manual. I'd like to add a mesh net to secure stuff on bumpy roads.