Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y: INTERIOR color choice?

Tesla Model Y: INTERIOR color choice?

• White

Votes: 50 58.1%
  • Black

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike most things in life, this is a very black or white issue:p

My wife and I both chose black. In winter it is definitely an advantage when parked outside as the sun warms up the car nicely under the correct circumstances.
I see you are in Texas, so the added heat in some circumstances may favor the white over black.

20200826_120407.jpg
I think the white is really amazing looking.

My girlfriend ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic with white (Model 3) and it's a great color combo. I think this would look good on the Y too. I like the white interior. My only worries are keeping it clean and the reflections on the glass. Reflects heat in hot weather so that's good. I also like the wood dash with the black interior.

Reactions: Reborn
I also like the wood dash with the black interior.
This was a difference-maker for me. If the white interior came with an appropriately lighter-shade wood trim, that might have swayed me. Otherwise, the white just looked kind of sterile and clinical to me, though I have to say that I like it better in a red or blue car than black or MSM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reborn
This was a difference-maker for me. If the white interior came with an appropriately lighter-shade wood trim, that might have swayed me. Otherwise, the white just looked kind of sterile and clinical to me, though I have to say that I like it better in a red or blue car than black or MSM.
This was also what swayed me to the black interior. I'm in TX, so black seats are a little dodgy during the dog days of Summer. But, that white dash just looked too...... Italian.

View attachment 582719 I think the white is really amazing looking.

Where'd you get the blue lights from? Several places have them, but I'm not sure which ones are "good."

Also, I've only had my MY for a few days, but so far, I haven't had any reflection issues with the white seats. And, everything I read and watched online in the month or two leading up to delivery showed that the white isn't too hard to keep clean. Just keep a pack of baby wipes in the glove box.