TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model Y Not A Crossover, But A Tall Sedan: Says Designer

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by TMC Staff, May 20, 2019.

1. Laban

Laban Member

Well, we do in fact know what it looks like

[​IMG]

Same type of car as the X4, a tiny bit more versatile with the 7 seat option even though it's for children only. Probably a LOT more fun to drive. And i'd prefer that coming from an Outlander PHEV to the Model 3 and not wanting to go back to a big and clunky SUV type of car.

2. MyNameHas3Ltrs

I have been captivated since the original roadster. Tesla has even been awesome to allow for an extended test drive with Model 3. I can honestly say that I've never had a more pleasurable driving experience!

It's unfortunate, Tesla's available production models just never seem to line up with the reality of luxury and life with kids. When I was young, I didn't have the income to make a roadster happen. Now, with a family of five (the kids friends, and everyone's stuff too)... I don't ever want to consider dropping two toddler carseats in the back of a $60,000+ commuter sedan!

I love the concept of Solar Roof - Powerwall - Car. It's an elegant design solution. So, looked into Powerwall first, then Solar Roof (because it's two + years away), then car...

Will Tesla ever make practical options?

3. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

Unfortunately that title is ambiguous and can be read as if it was the Model Y's designer making that statement. It's not... it's somebody else's decision that happens to have worked for a competitor.

• Like x 2