Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Performance Real Horsepower and Torque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if anyone has tested the model y performance on a dyno and found out it’s true specs, the one test I have seen showed 502 horsepower and 486 torque, I’m really interested because the model Y doesn’t get much love when it comes to testing true performance unlike the model 3 which I have seen some tests boasting as much as 554 horsepower.

Reactions: morbidz
I have the S3XY button app that displays some information read from the car and one of it shows "Max Discharge" that I've seen as high as 435kW (583HP) and usually sits around 420kW (563HP). I'm guessing it's actually not that high at the motor, but it's probably not too far off when compared with some other EVs. For example, the Kia EV6-GT has 577HP and claims 3.5s for 0~60MPH, so the "Max Discharge" number read from the MYP seems to be in line with that.

I was wondering if anyone has tested the model y performance on a dyno and found out it’s true specs, the one test I have seen showed 502 horsepower and 486 torque, I’m really interested because the model Y doesn’t get much love when it comes to testing true performance unlike the model 3 which I have seen some tests boasting as much as 554 horsepower.

I used to care about the hp and tq numbers on my ICE cars, but ever since I got my MYP, I don't see the need for it since I can beat any car on the public road and traffic light to traffic light "race". :cool: (I guess except very few supercars that I have not met).
Even with a supercar, 99% of their drivers cannot drive them to their max specs. It is very difficult for an average person to drive an ICE vehicle to its max spec for a lot of reasons.

Even with a supercar, 99% of their drivers cannot drive them to their max specs. It is very difficult for an average person to drive an ICE vehicle to its max spec for a lot of reasons.
Right. In real world driving, the MYP will be at least as quick as a 911 Turbo. Both have a rolling (5-60) time of 3.7 seconds. The MYP has a 30-50 time of 1.4 seconds and a 50-70 of 1.8 seconds. The times for the 911 Turbo are 2.0 and 2.4 seconds.

For comparison, the 2020 acceleration-boost AWD MY peaks at 351 KW (470 HP, 200 HP front, 270 HP back). These are input power, so losses need to be subtracted.
Screenshot_20220822-120704_Photos.jpg