Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA MODEL Y POOR -BUILD QUALITY AND SAFETY/SECURITY CONCERNS AND ISSUES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,
I waited for my MODEL Y long range around 4 months and when i receive the delivery, i saw lot of Build quality issue with my MODEL Y.

Here are some concerns and issue about the “BUILD QUALITY of MODEL Y delivered to me on Oct 28th, 2021.

I have send all the photos and videos to TESLA service department. The build quality of a $55,000 MODELY Y has really gone down and there are few SAFETY AND SECURITY concerns.
  1. Driver and passengers side DOORS and WINDOWS does not close and open the way it should be and it is a very “BIG SAFETY AND SECURITY CONCERN.
  2. Driver and passengers side windows does not open and close automatically from inside.
  3. Phone charging station does not work properly.
  4. Frunk rubber is not aligned with the seam where water can easily seep in the FRUNK.
  5. Right side Passengers front floor LINING is not aligned.
  6. Outside right back passenger rubber LINING NOT aligned.
I owned Tesla Model 3 but MODELY Y delivery with Poor build quality disappointed me as i was big fan and follower of Elon Musk and his company. Maybe he is too busy churning out the numbers for him and the investors, with lowering the quality of the most desirable car. Disappointed!!!!

Please be careful while taking the delivery of your MODEL Y.

Calm down and call Tesla for an appointment to address your concerns. True, the car should have been prepped better, but Tesla employees have been extremely busy trying to get cars to all those who ordered one.

My Model 3 was delivered in perfect condition but it's not a condition of Model 3 or Y. Maybe the dealer who delivered your car should have spent more time prepping yours, but YOU should have gone over the car with him and seen if you had concerns. Get on the phone and make an appointment.

And getting all hyperventilated and raising your voice does not get the job done, though it does make one feel better at times.

Calm down and call Tesla for an appointment to address your concerns. True, the car should have been prepped better, but Tesla employees have been extremely busy trying to get cars to all those who ordered one.

My Model 3 was delivered in perfect condition but it's not a condition of Model 3 or Y. Maybe the dealer who delivered your car should have spent more time prepping yours, but YOU should have gone over the car with him and seen if you had concerns. Get on the phone and make an appointment.

And getting all hyperventilated and raising your voice does not get the job done, though it does make one feel better at times.
Calm down and call Tesla for an appointment to address your concerns. True, the car should have been prepped better, but Tesla employees have been extremely busy trying to get cars to all those who ordered one===True. I asked for the appointment and it in three weeks, bit concern about the safety of the doors and windows, which means cannot drive the care till maybe end of December.

but Tesla employees have been extremely busy trying to get cars to all those who ordered one.---true but TESLA is eating more than they can chew and that is effecting their "build quality".

Post these videos and photos you mention.
1638225424566.png
1638225463696.png

I think perhaps the op simply wanted thread about how bad the tesla is so it will show up in searches. I hope that isn't the case.
After seeing the OP's comment and your comment, I checked out the delivery experience of Model 3 and it does seem to have the issues of gaps and door closures etc. This is mainly Model Y quality control problem. I think once production starts in Texas, this issue may go away.

For the windows, have your tried recalibrating them? Close all doors, roll windows down, and roll them up holding for about 10 secs. Not sure if this will fix it, but when my windows act up i.e. rolls up and all of a sudden it rolls down on it's own, I do this.
Sucks to have cars delivered like this, but I feel like all of those issues can be fixed at the service. Yes, it also sucks you have to drop off your car for days or maybe weeks sometimes to get it fixed, but I guess it is what is with tesla..

• Informative
Reactions: 45thParallel
For the windows, have your tried recalibrating them? Close all doors, roll windows down, and roll them up holding for about 10 secs. Not sure if this will fix it, but when my windows act up i.e. rolls up and all of a sudden it rolls down on it's own, I do this.
Sucks to have cars delivered like this, but I feel like all of those issues can be fixed at the service. Yes, it also sucks you have to drop off your car for days or maybe weeks sometimes to get it fixed, but I guess it is what is with tesla..
Or you have to schedule a service. Mine did this and resets didn't help. Service center did manager to resolve the problem on my passenger side, still happens on my driver side and I've been lazy