Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y reservation change process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Folks,

I've a seller of Model Y which is going to be delivered in June and I'm willing to buy the car from him but tesla is saying we cannot do a reservation change and they mention that they have recently changed the rules. Looking to talk to someone who has recently done this so I can follow and complete the process. Both the buyer and seller are in Seattle area.

Appreciate your help here.
Thanks!

Hello Folks,

I've a seller of Model Y which is going to be delivered in June and I'm willing to buy the car from him but tesla is saying we cannot do a reservation change and they mention that they have recently changed the rules. Looking to talk to someone who has recently done this so I can follow and complete the process. Both the buyer and seller are in Seattle area.

Appreciate your help here.
Thanks!
Officially not allowed by Tesla. However, SAs can change the registration and delivery location to the new buyer (but the order remains on the old account). It can be very easy or it can be a long involved process if your SA chooses to ignore you (like mine).