Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Software update 2021.4.11 Audio issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue so far. Updated to 2021.4.11 this afternoon and it seems like my subwoofer isn't playing. I'm also getting this weird audio pop noise in the rear speakers as I'm playing music ( Spotify, radio, etc). Tried rebooting the car 3x, no avail.

I put in a service request and have an appointment in a few days. Anyone experience similar issues?

Not with me. I would have heard any sub anomalies playing anything from Megan Thee Stallion via Spotify.

Hi all,

Wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue so far. Updated to 2021.4.11 this afternoon and it seems like my subwoofer isn't playing. I'm also getting this weird audio pop noise in the rear speakers as I'm playing music ( Spotify, radio, etc). Tried rebooting the car 3x, no avail.

I put in a service request and have an appointment in a few days. Anyone experience similar issues?

Hi all,

Exact issue I've had since 1st week of February (not sure which firmware I was on). Put in service request and had a mobile tech appt Feb 15th. Tech pulled the rear apart to inspect the Amp but hadn't heard of this happening before. Long story short he diagnosed it to be a mechanical failure of the amp and scheduled me for a replacement, which just finally shipped to Denver. The amp has a small LED light on it that was flashing as the sound was cutting out/popping.

After trying restarts and letting vehicle deep sleep I still cannot figure out what the hell causes it to happen at times and not at others. Some mornings everything's good and others I get rear audio cutouts/popping, no speakerphone, and no bass from entire system.. The only correlation I've found in my case is my garage temps. The issue always happens when the temps drop here in Denver.

Updated to firmware 2021.4.12 last night and audio system worked with no issues today. I'll report back after my amp is replaced later this week. Maybe it will help us determine if this is software or hardware related.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.30.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 2.30.30 PM.png
    181.6 KB · Views: 125
Glad to hear I'm not the only one affect by this! Please keep us updated as I'm very curious on the amp swap. I wonder if Tesla will still swap out the amp given that you are on .12 and everything works as normal.

Since my last update ( about 10 days ago), the system is behaving normally. No signs of audio cutting out or losing bass.

Now I'm a bit weary about upgrading to .12. :rolleyes:

Service appt is this morning for amp swap. Went out to test before the tech shows up and rear speakers, bass and bluetooth phone features were out/popping again.

Assuming this confirms the issue is an amp failure vs software bug. I will report back when the work is done.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one affect by this! Please keep us updated as I'm very curious on the amp swap. I wonder if Tesla will still swap out the amp given that you are on .12 and everything works as normal.

Since my last update ( about 10 days ago), the system is behaving normally. No signs of audio cutting out or losing bass.

Now I'm a bit weary about upgrading to .12. :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Amp was replaced in roughly 30min free under warranty. Tech confirmed it was an amp failure and saw no signs of water damage or bad connections on original unit. Sounds like my issue was just bad luck.

I'm headed up the mountains to ski this weekend so car will be out in the cold, which should be a good test.

Waiting for parts was a bit annoying but overall easy fix. Hope this helps

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung