Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to seriously consider how much they will be paying per kWh at home.. California none peek hours is about .35 😬 and will definitely be more each year..
Nah, that depends on your plan. If you're paying .35 cents super off peak, wow! And to the real point even at .35 it's still a ton cheaper than buying gas. Btw, I pay .19 cents super off peak.

Reactions: Maaz
With 4680 cells going to be in short supply for some time, I believe that at this price, Tesla will sell all the Standard Range Model Ys they can produce.

People cross shopping competitive EVs will often discover that the dealerships are selling above sticker prices to eager customers.

Reactions: Ken43 and Big Earl
With 4680 cells going to be in short supply for some time, I believe that at this price, Tesla will sell all the Standard Range Model Ys they can produce.

People cross shopping competitive EVs will often discover that the dealerships are selling above sticker prices to eager customers.
But you can also order them and they honor MSRP, plus get the tax credit. Same as Tesla, minus the price

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Off peak is .33, mid off peak is .35, peak is .45. Southern California Long Beach area here.

It’s insane. What’s the point of electric anymore lol

Insane prices. This is mine in the Chicagoland area. I currently don't have time-of-day pricing as I work from home 3x a week and would need to use the air conditioner which would be insane during the super peak hours.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 2.18.07 PM.png

McMyVQq.png

So, it appears Tesla isn't recognizing most (any?) of the supposed benefits from 4680s. Am I correct?

Model Y LR (made with 2170s), dual motor AWD, 318 mile EPA range, 0 to 60 in 4.8 seconds, 80 kWh (usable) battery pack, costs $63k
Model Y Perf (also made with 2170s?), dual motor AWD, 303 mile EPA range, 0 to 60 in 3.5 seconds, 80 kWh battery pack, costs $68k
Model Y SR (made with 4680s), AWD, alleged 279 mile EPA range, 0 to 60 in 5 seconds, 65 kWh battery pack, costs $60k (some auto journalists have claimed they got 240 miles at highway speeds, imputing an efficiency of ~3.55 mi/kWh)

If someone can afford the $60k SR, why not just pay the extra $3k to get 40 miles more of range and a tick faster to 60?

M3 wait time is 3 months fyi. MY performance wait time is also 3 months. The difference is that Tesla is consistently producing cars. Where are the BMWs? They do not have the supply chain of Tesla. I bet if you order now, you won’t see it for 12+ months. Good luck
And MY is pushed to early next year already. Not sure why you’re hating.

Reactions: E90alex and robeeen
It's easy to make any new EV look like a million bucks in a marketing video, or on paper. It's just as easy to make a handful of demo vehicles to be shown at dealerships and car shows. But any manufacturer that's actually waist-deep in mass production and post-pos service and support will have just as many issues with their cars as Tesla, if not more. No car makers have the modern factories that Tesla has, nor the supply-chain for metals and battery components, nor the charging network. When they come around to make those investments (in the hundreds of billion$), those costs will show up on MSRPs if they haven't already. I doubt reusing the same ICE assembly lines for their future EVs is an appealing concept to new generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.