Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end there's a red line where the consumer says it's too expensive. So far Tesla is benefitting from the early adopter and some fear of missing out. We'll know more after GT is ramped up and there's more EV competition.

And hope you don’t get busted for speeding/exhibition of speed 🤦🏻‍♂️ Lose your license after paying a 💰 fine and your insurance going out of site 🤣😂

OK, I’ll stop.. 👍🏻🙏
But how can you put a price on being bored to death in a Prius? ;)

My math is 184Wh/km x 161km = 30kWh * CAD$0.13/kWh = $3.9/100miles vs my old car drinking 12L/100km @ $1.64/L = $32

So at 8x cheaper per mile I'm quite happy with the M3!

Here even the Prius' 3gal would cost $22 or over 5x more per mile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Msicario
Average Tesla requires 28kWh for 100 miles🤔 X .35 $9.80.. Used Prius almost 3 Gal. At $5 gallon, same 100 miles=$15

Giving a generous $5 difference in savings every 100 miles; How many miles will it take to make up the cost difference between a new MY and a 5 year old Prius? 😳😲
Home charging during off-peak hours is considerably less than $0.35/hr in most areas. I estimate that my off-peak charging cost from my solar panels (20 year lifetime) is about $0.11/kWh, or $3.08 for 100 miles. Toss in the places that have free L2 charging (my workplace and local library are the ones I have used most often), and cost per mile can be crazy low. Plus, does anyone expect gasoline prices to go anywhere but up over the next 10 years?

That said, there’s no way to justify buying a Tesla based on savings on cost of energy. Cool toys cost money, and low operating cost and, for the moment, low (or negative) depreciation just reduce the economic hit somewhat.

Better yet, use the reasoning that you save money for each mile you drive to justify more road trips in your Tesla! 😁

Reactions: house9
People who bought MY SR for $39k with 250 mile range absolutely stole it:oops:
Yes… Yes, we did…

(To my fellow MYSR owners).

giphy.gif

Somebody here must remember when the second generation (I think) Honda Accord came out. People (including myself) went nuts. At least in the Midwest, there was nothing. Dealers were asking for non refundable deposits which was unheard of. It's going to be a rough ride for a few years. Hold on.

But how can you put a price on being bored to death in a Prius? ;)

My math is 184Wh/km x 161km = 30kWh * CAD$0.13/kWh = $3.9/100miles vs my old car drinking 12L/100km @ $1.64/L = $32

So at 8x cheaper per mile I'm quite happy with the M3!

Here even the Prius' 3gal would cost $22 or over 5x more per mile.
😃 I love that .13 / kWh rate ..WOW hard to beat 👍🏻 My Prius has over 250 K miles and still get 35 mpg.. set of 4 new tires under $200 👍🏻 Cold A/C, good sound system, leather seats still comfortable, sunroof, use my phone for Google map/gps, playlist and everything else.

Can travel from Anaheim CA to Scottsdale AZ to visit my daughter on a full tank 10.5 gal and still have one bar left; use about 9.5 gal for 360 mile trip. Best part I don’t make any stops 5:30 hours at about 75-85 mph. CHP don’t even notice a Prius if it’s going over the speed limit. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣😂👍🏻

Reactions: Zebelkhan
😃 I love that .13 / kWh rate ..WOW hard to beat 👍🏻 My Prius has over 250 K miles and still get 35 mpg.. set of 4 new tires under $200 👍🏻 Cold A/C, good sound system, leather seats still comfortable, sunroof, use my phone for Google map/gps, playlist and everything else.

Can travel from Anaheim CA to Scottsdale AZ to visit my daughter on a full tank 10.5 gal and still have one bar left; use about 9.5 gal for 360 mile trip. Best part I don’t make any stops 5:30 hours at about 75-85 mph. CHP don’t even notice a Prius if it’s going over the speed limit. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣😂👍🏻
3604E994-F5CA-4A24-93D7-AB328F192505.jpeg

Yup. Here in Illinois we got cheap, easily accessible coal. Pick your poison. 🤪(personally, I'll take coal over earl.)

I don't think this is true. We have a total of 6 nuclear plants with 11 reactors total in the state. More than any other state in the United States. 58% of our energy needs is met by nuclear.

Just 18% of the state's energy needs is powered by coal and that's being further reduced.

Source: Illinois - State Energy Profile Analysis - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Status
Not open for further replies.