Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Standard Range AWD to be priced at $59,990 USD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one ever wants to talk about that. They think they are owed those upgrades at the cost they put their deposit down on yet many put a deposit down on things like intel, different glass etc etc then when they actually get the car it is upgraded Ryzen, dual pane etc etc and Tesla does not charge them for those nice little extras. Amnesia I guess.
I just want the car I was promised when I placed my order on 12/27/2021, which included a mobile charger. I put more value on the charger on whether my car has Intel or AMD. It won't matter what processor it has if I can't charge it at home. 🤷‍♂️

Even if I wanted to buy one on my own, it is currently OUT OF STOCK!!!! SMDH. 🤦‍♂️

What have they added that didnt belong in the first place?

No other company has announced the removal of ability to purchase a lease at the end of the term. Tesla has gotten greedy due to popularity. Their supercharging costs have skyrocketed. Cheaper to use state supplied in NY at 30cents per kWh on the thru-way. The rest stop units charge at 100kW.
Key word is “GREED “! most of think Tesla really cares about customers 🤦🏻‍♂️
It’s all about $ and power that drives Elon to finance SpaceX, while trying to discover immortality, outer space life and beings. Same applies to Bezos, Soros, Gates, and many others.
It all starts with consumer’s buying overpriced China made technology.
I’m guilty 😬🤷🏻‍♂

Last edited:
Actually my comparison is not to the S. I guess it came off as such.

My point is why spend so much on a car that drives as such when the id4, kona electric, ev6 and others exist at a better price and d4ive similarly.
You are fortunate this is a Y forum and not the 3 - you are comparing a different class of car which happened to be a loaner to your personal car. If your key feature is a Air Suspension stick to the S or X. I've owned both 3 and 3 - S was definately more comfortable on highways but the 3 handled much better (sportier). No comparison to the id4, kona or EV6 with either 3 or S.

• Disagree
Reactions: Doc Brown and tm1v2
You must be doing home charging math, because supercharging has become close to what gas costs per gallon to fill a mid sized sedan.
Not even close. I just got gas in my midsize sedan yesterday. It costed me $72. I got back from a roadtrip with the Y last week. When I supercharged during peak hours, I paid $24 to get 68kw at 36 cents/kw. When I went during off-peak, $10.80 to get 60kw at 18 cents/kw.. Even when I was driving thru BC, I paid $15 CA at 20 cents/minute for 12 minutes and 50 cents per minute for 26 minutes. I drove by a bunch of gas stations. Most of them were around $2/litre, and the most expensive I saw was $2.93/litre, which works out to be between $7/gallon and $10/gallon CA. Even if I use the on-peak supercharger rate for the SC near my brother's house in SoCal, which is 48 cents/kw, which is the most I've seen for a SC so far, that would still work out to only $32 for the same amount of juice I got during one of my SC stops on my roadtrip.

The last time I paid < $30 to fill up any of my midsize sedans was around 20 years ago when gas was around $1.30 / gallon.

Reactions: mangrove79
Remember how many people here were posting about delaying orders in hopes of an Austin VIN? Well congrats to them, their $60k MYSR are ready now!

These are lessons in why trying to time things out of your control is risky. It can work out, or it can cost you. At least there's MCU3 consolation prize for many/most who delayed.
Yeah in hindsight, I'm kinda glad Tesla forced my hand a little at the beginning of the year (by threatening to cancel my order if I didn't take delivery). I managed to get MCU3 just a couple of weeks after it dropped, and I pretty much maxxed out the used car price for my MYSR. The more I thought about 4680, the more I realized that it made absolutely no sense to wait for it. I asked in multiple different threads, but no one was able to convince me that there was a compelling reason to wait any longer. 4680 is huge - for manufacturing cost.

There is no reason to believe it would ever translate to Tesla releasing a MY with a way bigger battery and fulfilling existing orders with that souped up model, which seems to be the fantasy fueling 90% of the 4680 obsession. The only consumer improvements are (presumably) slightly improved handling and suspension, from the reduced weight. Oh, and the cargo cover.

Reactions: tm1v2
Not even close. I just got gas in my midsize sedan yesterday. It costed me $72. I got back from a roadtrip with the Y last week. When I supercharged during peak hours, I paid $24 to get 68kw at 36 cents/kw. When I went during off-peak, $10.80 to get 60kw at 18 cents/kw.. Even when I was driving thru BC, I paid $15 CA at 20 cents/minute for 12 minutes and 50 cents per minute for 26 minutes. I drove by a bunch of gas stations. Most of them were around $2/litre, and the most expensive I saw was $2.93/litre, which works out to be between $7/gallon and $10/gallon CA. Even if I use the on-peak supercharger rate for the SC near my brother's house in SoCal, which is 48 cents/kw, which is the most I've seen for a SC so far, that would still work out to only $32 for the same amount of juice I got during one of my SC stops on my roadtrip.

The last time I paid < $30 to fill up any of my midsize sedans was around 20 years ago when gas was around $1.30 / gallon.
Your second car should be a Prius for the long trips (40-50 mpg) without having to make kWh stops 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️😂🤣

I just want the car I was promised when I placed my order on 12/27/2021, which included a mobile charger. I put more value on the charger on whether my car has Intel or AMD. It won't matter what processor it has if I can't charge it at home. 🤷‍♂️

Even if I wanted to buy one on my own, it is currently OUT OF STOCK!!!! SMDH. 🤦‍♂️
Got it. Every one else was actually pissed they got Intel and they were "holding" orders to get the Ryzen and the better glass.

My point is when I placed my order on Thanksgiving I knew what came on the car and what price and I committed to that and was ok with that. When the car actually got here it had already gone up $2K, I was given a better and newer computer (supposedly) and better glass as well as better tires (all seasons instead of the crappy Pirelli's. All of that for the price I locked in. Tesla could have very easily said all these extras now cost X more. People would then throw and absolute fit.

Now all of a sudden they make this decision on the charger and people are still throwing a fit and forget about all the extras they get for free but throw a b$tch about a $250 part.

BTW I only use my included charger so I would also be scrambling and think it does suck. I was also mad when Apple stopped including them.

IT IS A FREE COUNTRY. Decide to deal with it or move on to Kia, Hyundai, Ford etc etc. All the people on here announcing there departure from Tesla because he is so greedy and this is such an atrocity or he needs to have a lower price entry vehicle etc etc etc. It isn't an airport and no need to announce your departure. Move on down the road, sadly Tesla and ELon at this point in time will not miss you or could care less. The line is around the building 2X to buy his stuff.

What have they added that didnt belong in the first place?

No other company has announced the removal of ability to purchase a lease at the end of the term. Tesla has gotten greedy due to popularity. Their supercharging costs have skyrocketed. Cheaper to use state supplied in NY at 30cents per kWh on the thru-way. The rest stop units charge at 100kW.

I don’t know if it belongs or if it doesn’t belong but they have added:
Ryzen, double pane windows, heat pump, heated steering wheel, heated wipers, new headlights, tail lights, lithium battery, wireless charging, external speaker…

I don’t know much about super charging. I get 12 cents per kwh at my house and office. I understand it’s different for everyone. I have no issues.

Well, the price keeps increasing, so we are paying for them one way or another.

EVERYTHING has increased. TE$LA isn’t the only company that has gone up. Beef prices, grain prices, home prices. EVERYTHING. It’s been 40 years since consumer seen this type of constraint. This isn’t tesla’s fault. And I really hate coming off as a tesla apologist. This economy is wild.

Camry is a midsized sedan that gets 40mpg. At 3.6 cents, that's equal to around 10 cents a mile. An efficient run on MY or M3 is around 3.5 miles per kWh.

EVERYTHING has increased. TE$LA isn’t the only company that has gone up. Beef prices, grain prices, home prices. EVERYTHING. It’s been 40 years since consumer seen this type of constraint. This isn’t tesla’s fault. And I really hate coming off as a tesla apologist. This economy is wild.
Wait until their home owners policy renewal comes. 25% increase year over year all because of the increase in building materials.

You are fortunate this is a Y forum and not the 3 - you are comparing a different class of car which happened to be a loaner to your personal car. If your key feature is a Air Suspension stick to the S or X. I've owned both 3 and 3 - S was definately more comfortable on highways but the 3 handled much better (sportier). No comparison to the id4, kona or EV6 with either 3 or S.
I'm comparing generally because you can with these vehicles due to their overall size.

My point is that the y and 3 are not worth what Tesla is asking for them.

Wait until their home owners policy renewal comes. 25% increase year over year all because of the increase in building materials.

YOU HIT THIS ON THE NAIL. My car insurance has gone from 160 per month to 220. My home owner insurance has gone from 4500 to 6k. My commercial insurance has gone from 4k to 6500……. We are all in this together. And I’m not defending big corp. I truly believe Tesla is doing the best they can. If Elon needs my 200 bucks, take it. It’s better in his hands than someone else, even mine. He can reinvest back into tesla like he has been.

Camry is a midsized sedan that gets 40mpg. At 3.6 cents, that's equal to around 10 cents a mile. An efficient run on MY or M3 is around 3.5 miles per kWh.
My brother in law had an older prius that he said was averaging around 40mpg. He told me he had to get $60 worth of gas every week for his commute. He just got a model 3 a little while ago. He didn't have L2 charging at his house at the time, so was supercharging. He didn't know about off-peak until I told him, so he was paying peak rates for SC... Even when doing that, he said he was spending about < $40/week on charging.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
You must be doing home charging math, because supercharging has become close to what gas costs per gallon to fill a mid sized sedan.

Sorry, I call BS.

I just drove my Model Y 200 miles, and refilled it at the local supercharger (during daytime non-discount rate), and it cost me $18

Gas is $6/gallon. Show me this mythical mid-sized non-plug-in sedan that can go 200 miles on 3 gallons of gas? I mean you could try and claim a Hyundai Elantra Hybrid at a highway rating of 57 mpg gets you part way there (assuming you stay on the highway, which I did not). But even with this case maxed-out in your favor (worst case supercharging, best case barely-mid-size hybrid gas competitor) supercharging is coming out 20% ahead. People are waiting in line half an hour at Costco fuel stations to shave ten cents of the cost of gas...

I will also note that I have the option to go to the supercharger after 9 PM (and get an ice cream at the Baskin Robins next door) for half the daytime KWH rate. Now we're really cooking, and nothing petrol powered will come anywhere near it. Folks with home charging can do even better, which most do.

Status
Not open for further replies.