Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y - Things You Should Know!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was reading this wondering if we have the same car. I love our '22 MYP and have experienced none of this. I had another '22 MYP before the current one- it was even better. So, over 30k driving '22 MYPs. Wow. Just sell the car.
I'm with you on this. Getting ready to run out of warranty (at 49k) with zero issues. An occasional rattle or buzz as the ambient temperature drops.

I'm so damned OCD, though, I continue to worry about the "what ifs" since my car hasn't had any issues. :eek: 🤣

Almost 3 ½ years, 44k miles.
I've had 2 issues: a minor adjustment to a limiter for the seat adjustment and they replaced the heat pump as part of a recall. The heat pump was certainly major but it was also part of a recall and done prophylactically. Pretty much every car I've owned has had some sort of recall that required me to take it in.

My big complaints with the car are the poor suspension, phantom braking with TACC, no heated steering wheel and no Apple CarPlay. They've added Apple Music and are evidently adding Apple Podcasts soon that resolves most of the CarPlay issue and I use primarily FSD (which is oddly better than TACC when it comes to phantom braking despite the fact that they supposedly use the same code stack) so TACC isn't much of an issue, either. They've also added a heated steering wheel so that's no longer an issue, either.

It's not perfect but overall it's a great car that fits my needs perfectly so I don't regret my decision.

I don't think his post aged well.

1702307034778.png

• Funny
Reactions: sleepydoc
I was reading this wondering if we have the same car. I love our '22 MYP and have experienced none of this. I had another '22 MYP before the current one- it was even better. So, over 30k driving '22 MYPs. Wow. Just sell the car.
Same here. 41K and 3.5 years now still very happy with my MY. Having previously switched cars every 3 years or so I have no desire to do so now, though I'm always open to new and better options. Just haven't found one yet and don't expect to for another 2 years at least.