Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TSportline

Global Vendor
tesla-model-y-wheel-guide.jpg

To all potential Tesla Model Y owners, we started a wheel and tire guide!

Since the 2020 Tesla Model Y has not been released, this is a guide based on information to the best of our knowledge. The information in this guide is based on photos, insider data, and sightings of the Tesla Model Y prototypes.

The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide

Keeping my flow forged 19" TST (currently on my Model 3) as backup/spare for my future Model Y.

I was unsure if the 900kg/1,980 lbs load rating for 19" TST is enough for (presumably) heavier Model Y.

@Tsportline: Can you verify that the flow forged 19" TST load rating is good for Model Y?

Thanks.

Would you be able to provide an best-guess weight for the model y wheels? it shows TBD but a range would be interesting to consider (i.e., 25-28 lbs ea for 21" performance wheels...)

For your reference, Tesla Model S 21X8.5" Front, 21x9.0" Rear Twin Turbines are 33.8-35.8 lbs. More info here.

Will all sizes of your wheels clear the performance brake calipers?
Yes, if the same Model 3 performance brakes are used.

Is it possible to buy one wheel. I like to keep a spare for long distance trips.
Our flow forged wheels will be available for spares/replacements.

Keeping my flow forged 19" TST (currently on my Model 3) as backup/spare for my future Model Y.

I was unsure if the 900kg/1,980 lbs load rating for 19" TST is enough for (presumably) heavier Model Y.

@Tsportline: Can you verify that the flow forged 19" TST load rating is good for Model Y?

Thanks.

Yes, the 19x8.5" TST Flow Forged Wheels are load rated for the Model X Performance (P100D).

@Tsportline, do you plan to release new 21" wheels compatible with Performance Model Y?

Like this? Tesla Model Y with 21" TS117 Forged Wheels in Matte Black
tesla-model-y-21-inch-wheels-ts117.jpg

Yes, those wheels look great on the Model Y, except they are for a Model S with F: 21x9.0" / R: 21x9.5"
The Model Y Performance has F: 21x9.5" / R: 21x10.0". Will you be making this wheel compatible with MY Performance front and back wheel sizes? I don't want to buy new tires, I want to put the stock MY Performance tires on your new wheels.

That's very good to hear. Can you provide an estimate of when you'll be releasing your Model Y wheels? I'd like to take advantage of your trade-in discount for the stock wheels which requires they have fewer than 100 miles on them. I may be receiving a Model Y soon (MYP, Black interior, FSD, SoCal) so I'd need the new wheels shortly after taking receipt of the car. Otherwise, I'll need to shop elsewhere.

Otherwise, I'll need to shop elsewhere.

Read as: Here's an unnecessary threat about where I take my business...

They bring a good product to market and we're all sure working as fast as possible as details emerge on the Y. Example as even noted above, before starting wheel production, things like brake caliper size need to be confirmed. We're all excited as deliveries get started (on the P models in particular). But why not try to be kind and rational here. It'll all work out fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSportline
Not a threat @rklip. I don't think the potential loss of business by one buyer is threatening to this company. It's just the nature of when I may need 3rd party wheels. I realize they're working as fast as they can and will have a good product when they do release their MY wheels. We have a set of their 20" TSS Flow Forged wheels on my wife's Model 3 and we're quite happy with them. But after several requests @Tsportline still hasn't said when they are releasing their MYP wheels - even a rough estimate would help me make some decisions. Leads me to believe it's not happening anytime soon and that would be disappointing.

Last edited:
@Tsportline, any idea when you are going to get a hold of a Model Y for testing? I'm gonna need a set of 20x10.0" TSS wheels to replace the Uberturbines ASAP. Delivery in a couple of weeks!!!

We have a Y coming in this month.

We already have wheel/tire data. We just need to cross our t's and dot our i's with a physical test. The pic below is a 20x10 on a Model Y size 255/40-20" 101Y XL tire. TSS 20x10 is load rated @ 900kg.

IMG_9386.JPG

Reactions: iustin and RoBoRaT
We have a Y coming in this month.

We already have wheel/tire data. We just need to cross our t's and dot our i's with a physical test. The pic below is a 20x10 on a Model Y size 255/40-20" 101Y XL tire. TSS 20x10 is load rated @ 900kg.

View attachment 517285

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!! :D

Send them to me an I'll do the test for you!!! That is the EXACT setup I'm looking for.

I'll be the first one to order that setup from you folks. I want to get the Uberturbines off the car ASAP so I can sell them.