Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y Windshield Tint

Angelo7

May 2, 2021
michigan
Has anyone had any issues tinting the windshield on the model Y? I have been reading up on older posts about the model 3 and how tinting the windshield can cause electrical damage. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

USC-Hawk

Jan 17, 2021
San Marcos
I am on my third tinted windshield. First one ended up with a large bubble right in my sightline. Gave it a couple of weeks to dissolve and it never did. Had them reinstall and on the second tint, the windshield gave a very distorted view (didn't have this issue with the first tint). Had all my other windows tinted and was very happy with the result (3M). Shop tried a different brand (name is escaping me) for the third attempt and I am happy now. I have seen a couple of different threads on the "distorted/hazy" view that can happen. Strange how I didn't have this issue on the first, but did on the second. It was immediately noticable,

Cp1484

Jan 30, 2021
Phoenix
Got my windshield tinted with the lunenix double cermanic 80%, no issues here. There’s a slight line if you catch it at the wrong angle but not anything that is in my field of vision. It makes a huge difference here in Arizona

LionelHutz

Jan 12, 2019
CA
Mine has been tinted (70% Xpel ceramic) for a couple of months now. No issues other than minor rainbow effect with polarized glasses. TBH I hate the idea of any tint on the windshield, but the Y's windshield lets in a ton of heat.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC