Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model Y - winter tires and wheels in the GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any one using 18 inch Replika R241 as winter wheels on their long range Model Y ? Any issues? Does it clear brakes and the chasis?

I just got a call from my local tire shop, that they won't be able to install the 19 inch R241 with Haka 3's till about mid Jan. However, they can get me a 18 inch setup with Replika R241 and Haka 3's in next few days.

My googling shows some vendors will *not* install/sell 18 inch setup for Model Y (Long Range without Perf Package), while some will. For example, WheelsCo.com said 18 inch R241 wheels dont work with MY, where as JSpec has no issues installing the same setup.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

TIA
Hey there.
Installed 18" Michelin Alpin A4 with Fastwheels EV03 Rims. They clear the calipers and are a very smooth ride for winter tires. Very happy so far and it worked out to about $1500 cheaper than the 19". Get to test them tomorrow when the icy stuff hits the ground.

Reactions: DeadSea
I have tested mine out since we had a 10 cm dump here and I am satisfied with the R241/R3 setup and with 750 km logged since the install, i have no issues whatsoever. I have ran PA4's in various vehicles in the past and I believe it is one of the best performance winter tire out there (had them on x5m, 911, and cayenne!).

Reactions: crisren
Any one using 18 inch Replika R241 as winter wheels on their long range Model Y ? Any issues? Does it clear brakes and the chasis?

I just got a call from my local tire shop, that they won't be able to install the 19 inch R241 with Haka 3's till about mid Jan. However, they can get me a 18 inch setup with Replika R241 and Haka 3's in next few days.

My googling shows some vendors will *not* install/sell 18 inch setup for Model Y (Long Range without Perf Package), while some will. For example, WheelsCo.com said 18 inch R241 wheels dont work with MY, where as JSpec has no issues installing the same setup.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

TIA

I have R241 18x8.5 with 235/55R18 XL 104R Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV tires.
Works great. Fits over the LR brakes.

Attachments

• 20201127_175342.jpg
    20201127_175342.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: DeadSea
It may be a long shot but here we go.
Anyone with 19inch gemini wheel want to let me borrow ur one wheel for a couple of days? I just curved my wheel and unfortunately it takes a couple of days to fix.

Will compensate for the rental. And i can confirm my address just to ensure that i dont runaway with ur wheel :)

Matt,

I was thinking of getting those rims for the Summer but in the 19" variety if I can't find anyone selling on this forum. I have the 2021 with the chrome delete and was thinking of those rims in Black. Our cars look the same.

I have tested mine out since we had a 10 cm dump here and I am satisfied with the R241/R3 setup and with 750 km logged since the install, i have no issues whatsoever. I have ran PA4's in various vehicles in the past and I believe it is one of the best performance winter tire out there (had them on x5m, 911, and cayenne!).

Hi, Can you guys advise which stores you got this from? Any contacts? Looking for someone in the westend.

I just reached out to OK Tire in the West end and are asking $1400 for the Conti Viking7 255/45/19 104T installed/balanced on the Gemini wheels.

If I can get 18 inch sets with wheels for slightly more, rather go that route.

Did the Fast Back wheels & 18 inch tires include TPMS? This is required, I assume?

Last edited:
I just got the model y with standard gemini wheels .I am in market for replica r241 19" rims so I can transfer the tires that came with gemini wheels to those new ones and keep the gemini wheels for winter (will buy winter tires in few months).this way I can have the same look but rather than spending 2600 on 20" upgrade and ending up with 1 set i would have 2 sets with that money

Cheapest I could find is a set of 4 at partsengine.ca for around 950 .

Where are people buying it from