Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla modified my PW output and I may cancel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I may need to cancel. The original agreement was 45 kW continuous power and 63 kW surge. Now I’m being told 15 kW and 21 kW surge. That doesn’t seem like it’s going to handle very much of the load. Both configurations have a 121.5 kWh storage capacity. It’s quite disappointing.

Something doesn't seem right there. How many Powerwalls is in your plan? (From the capacity it seems like 8.)

How many Gateways are being installed? (How many Powerwalls per Gateway?)

Something doesn't seem right there. How many Powerwalls is in your plan? (From the capacity it seems like 8.)

How many Gateways are being installed? (How many Powerwalls per Gateway?)
It's only 3 and one gateway. Did they screw up the initial proposal? I have both of them and the first one 121.5 kWh with 45 continuous kW and 63 surge kW. Why would they change that?

Thanks for any help in understanding.

I just went back to my account and both agreements are there but now the original one won't download and says it's some sort of text file. I'm guessing they deleted it but it's odd that happened after I questioned them.

OK, there was a bug in there system where everything was tripled. they fixed the output but not the capacity. I thought that the capacity was crazy for 3 PW because I initially understood them to be ~13.5kw.

All good waiting for the stuff to get my energy provider approval.

Last edited:
It's only 3 and one gateway. Did they screw up the initial proposal? I have both of them and the first one 121.5 kWh with 45 continuous kW and 63 surge kW. Why would they change that?

Thanks for any help in understanding.

Each Powerwall is 5kW continuous/7kW peak with a capacity of ~13.5kWh. (Specs are on here: Powerwall | Tesla)

So the original proposal had the specs listed for 9 Powerwalls, which was a mistake.

Reactions: Zer0t
FWIW I have a decent sized house and have never hit 21kw even while AC running and charging car.

Our is a little higher by only in extreme conditions. Our largest loads 10Kw for car, 4Kw for Dryer, 6Kw for A/C. 4Kw for oven, 2 Kw for lights TV, computers. So max 26Kw or so. 3100 sq foot home, on a 105 degree day.

• Informative
Reactions: Zer0t and phantasms