Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2 yo son (who is just slightly less obsessed with the car then his father) proceeds to do the following, then looked at my wife and says, "plug in like tefla". I just love him so much!
2016-10-18.jpg

Took delivery of my S75D exactly one month ago. It's been awesome.
I don't know why but Tesla seems to be very popular with kids. Yesterday, I turned into a school entrance by mistake. As I was making a u-turn all the kids that were outside (recess time) started yelling "it's a Tesla!" and then started running after me.
It's silly but knowing that my 2 sons (18 months and 2 weeks old) will grow up using an electric car is an amazing feeling.
Am I being too emotional here? :p

I don't know why but Tesla seems to be very popular with kids. Yesterday, I turned into a school entrance by mistake. As I was making a u-turn all the kids that were outside (recess time) started yelling "it's a Tesla!" and then started running after me.
It's silly but knowing that my 2 sons (18 months and 2 weeks old) will grow up using an electric car is an amazing feeling.
Welcome to the board.

I had sort of a Tesla Moment today. I was headed down the hill and saw a dolphin gray Model S leaving the 4 way stop just as I got there. I thought it was the S85 I've seen around town, but when following it I saw it was an S60.

The gray S was 2 cars in front of me with a yellow Scion in between. While waiting at another stop sign I noticed the Scion had a bumper sticker that said "Batteries Not Included". I thought, "the car in front and in back of you have batteries included!"

That's so great! :) I wonder how they recognize the car. Do all kids spend time watching Tesla videos instead of playing video games these days?

Welcome! It's cool that for your sons, electric will be normal. Hope normal doesn't automatically make it boring. Good to have another Canuck around, eh? :cool:

She was a keeper when she rode with me from Orlando to Philadelphia in a race car I bought and drove up that rained on her

Then again when she told me to get the Model S and keep my 335 and turn it into a track toy since I said sold race car

And again when she rode 1300+ miles with me in the Model S
This sounds familiar. Have you shared this story before on TMC, Facebook, or some other website maybe? I'm sure others have had similar girlfriends, so I could be mixing up what I am recollecting. :)
It was on Oppositelock then it was promoted to the front page of Jalopnik

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/a-jou...3431825#_ga=1.126050253.1133065412.1474938575
Woot! Woot! I remember the article now. Thanks!

P.S. - Yes, she most definitely loved you for not complaining during that trip and she should totally be a keeper, even before the S!

Since I'm gray on Oppo, I'll post this here as it feels like a Tesla Moment!

I remember your e46 story and totally glad I asked about it on TMC. Looking forward to your posts in both places. If you are ever in Charlotte, drop me a line and we can get a pint at Taco Mac (yup, they made their way up here)!

Reactions: GTIceman
3. A business owner nearby told me last night that having our Tesla in the drive improves the property values in the neighborhood.

I had a similar thing. I was visiting my aunt and uncle in central NY, staying with them overnight. I've never been to their new house. I asked about plugging in (even on 110) and they said sure. I don't even think they knew what a Tesla was (my cousins knew). I didn't meet them at their house, I met them in town for dinner. When I met them in town they said: We didn't know your car was so nice. You can't drive up our driveway, it's dirt and has potholes. You can park in our neighbor's driveway. He will let you.

Their driveway was long, scary, dirt, ruts. Part of their driveway navigation entails "going fast and jumping the ravine" (about 12 inches wide and 12 inches deep, across the whole driveway, gotta take it fast and at an angle). Instead of filling that huge rut, they just built up ramps on either side. So, no I wouldn't have tried to drive up it with my car. So I parked in their neighbor's driveway. Shorter, dirt, but flat and easy to navigate.

He was very nice. Allowed me to plug in. I offered to give him a couple $'s for the electricity. He refused. I asked "Are you sure?" and he said "Do you have any idea how small this town is? People see this parked in my driveway, I'm gonna be the talk of the town for 2 weeks. That's worth whatever electricity you use."

a pedestrian was crossing the street. His head was fixed on my car as he crossed. He almost got hit ...!
"TESLA NEARLY CAUSES PEDESTRIAN DEATH! DRIVER MAY HAVE BEEN USING AUTOPILOT!!"
I can see the headline now. :(;)

"... Rep. Milquetoast Nannystate calls for ban on visually dazzling cars as ``clear hazards to public safety''"

Since I'm gray on Oppo, I'll post this here as it feels like a Tesla Moment!

I remember your e46 story and totally glad I asked about it on TMC. Looking forward to your posts in both places. If you are ever in Charlotte, drop me a line and we can get a pint at Taco Mac (yup, they made their way up here)!

If GT makes it back to the ACC I'll be there again. Love me some Taco Mac. My doctorate level has been sitting dormant for some time

Kids always freak out when they see my Tesla...it's pretty fun

We had our first tesla moment today, although our car is not due for delivery till at least January (first batch in taiwan). So almost everyone here lives in apartments and not houses in Taipei, and the apartment committtees here are often quite conservative, so my biggest worry since buying the model s has been about whether i will get the approval to install home charging in our parking (especially since there is no super charger anywhere yet).

And this morning was the formal meeting for our pitch to our apartment's committee. One person has seen a tesla abroad, one has heard about EVs, and the last one didn't even know EVs exist (!). Before they were saying that we need a vote with every apartment owner (no!), but halfway through the explanation of the little work that is required for the installation, they kept interrupting with questions about the tesla itself. Finally my friend offered to show them his tesla (which he imported himself), and they got so blown away that we got the installation approval right away!

A good day! I've been so excited since placing the order and yet kept having this nightmare of not being able to charge at home. Now I just need to survive the wait of another 3 months...

My first Tesla moment was one night at the Mcdonald's drive-thru. I was reaching the pick up window and heard "Oh man, look at that! It's a Tesla!....look at that!", I greeted the employee, smiled and she replied "Wow, it's a Tesla, check that baby out! Mannn it's a Tesla! .... Oh righttttt, your order is coming soon hun". At first I wasn't sure if she was talking to me but then looked around and saw nobody else inside with her.

She came back with my order and told me that they were out of bottles of water but offered to give me a large soda instead or any other drink, I said that an apple juice would be fine. She popped out of the window to hand me my order and said with a huge smile "Man look at that, it's like the future is here now! Wow it has a giant iPad inside! So beautiful! Is this the 2016 model?", I nodded and turn on the lights so she could have a better view of the inside, she was about to ask me more questions but another car showed up right behind me and she said out loud "Man! C'mon, it's a Tesla!!" I laughed a bit, told her to have a good night and left the drive-thru.

I arrived home and to my surprise I saw 4 apple juices inside my bag, checked the receipt and she didn't charge me for them. That moment made my night :)

We had our first tesla moment today, although our car is not due for delivery till at least January (first batch in taiwan). So almost everyone here lives in apartments and not houses in Taipei, and the apartment committtees here are often quite conservative, so my biggest worry since buying the model s has been about whether i will get the approval to install home charging in our parking (especially since there is no super charger anywhere yet).

And this morning was the formal meeting for our pitch to our apartment's committee. One person has seen a tesla abroad, one has heard about EVs, and the last one didn't even know EVs exist (!). Before they were saying that we need a vote with every apartment owner (no!), but halfway through the explanation of the little work that is required for the installation, they kept interrupting with questions about the tesla itself. Finally my friend offered to show them his tesla (which he imported himself), and they got so blown away that we got the installation approval right away!

A good day! I've been so excited since placing the order and yet kept having this nightmare of not being able to charge at home. Now I just need to survive the wait of another 3 months...

By the way, how can I request for a Taiwan group to be created, or how do I at least communicate to a moderator to consider? Sorry it is off topic, but I tried posting in the Asia groups, as well as the site feedback threads, and am getting exactly zero response on how to do this (but already a growing thread on taiwan, that is kind of orphaned under Asia). Tesla just launched officially in taiwan. As you can imagine, we have tons of questions and would love a group for such discussions. (And somehow Singapore has a group even though tesla officially retreated from there)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!