Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not necessarily a "moment", as I didn't get a chance to meet the other owners. But nevertheless, an interesting grouping:

bentley-i8-tesla.jpg

After I came back from shopping, a Mercedes AMG had joined the group, but I didn't get a picture. :D

Is that an i8 in the middle? I saw one of those up close recently -- wow, what snazzy looking car!
My friend just bought one. I can't justify a fake engine sound from a 3 CYLINDER! AT $150K! It is the dumbest car. Not fast and you can barely get in and out of it. Too flashy and the doors are so stupid. Tesla, take my $150k for a Model S P100D which does 0-60 in 2.2 compared to the flashy-mobile-skunk-thing at 4.4. TWICE AS FAST!

Not sure if this is a Tesla moment, but my car was parked next to a Copper Mini recently illustrating very well that a model S is not a small car. My wife had managed to bring a 100" solid table from Ikea in her Model S before (btw, one advantage of Tesla, no shortage of Ikea staff willing to help carry and fit it into the car ;)).

Model S vs. Mini-0000.png

• Funny
Reactions: Pdxdesign
Not sure if this is a Tesla moment, but my car was parked next to a Copper Mini recently illustrating very well that a model S is not a small car. My wife had managed to bring a 100" solid table from Ikea in her Model S before (btw, one advantage of Tesla, no shortage of Ikea staff willing to help carry and fit it into the car ;)).

View attachment 231988
Suggested caption: "Preparing to load a Mini into the trunk of a Model S"

I got my model S a few months ago, but this afternoon something happened that made me laugh a little. I had parked my car in a parking lot and as I got out two guys were walking behind the car. One of them was pointing to the car saying “that’s a... teza... telsa... “ then as he saw me get out he looked at me and said “what is that?” I said “It’s a Tesla” and he turned to his friend and said “Yeah, it’s a Tesla” and then they walked off.

A couple of weeks ago I was stopped for a traffic light and I noticed the guy in an SUV next to me was frantically waving at me and motioning for me to roll down my window. When I did he said “is that one of the ones that has the doors that open up?” I had to disappoint him and say no.

A few days ago in Mountain View, I was charging up in the evening - 10ish? midnight? I forget. Anyway, I was mostly alone so I passed the time by riding around on a Google bike that someone had left there. When I get back from a ~30 minute meander, a Model S pulls up and I happen to notice the dealer plates. As the driver pops out I ask, "Dealer plates?" He nodded and noted it was a loaner. I figured the conversation was done, but it wasn't. :)

The driver was a factory employee for 3+ years and had a 75D on order. (Awesome!) He mentioned that employees had been asking for accommodations for a while, and apparently there's an internal leasing programn now. I smiled and noted that we've (drivers I've met) been hoping that they would "take care of employees" for S and X, not just the 3. I didn't get specific numbers but he seemed pleased with the program.