Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one: When I had just gotten my MX in 9/16 I went to the UPS store and all the employees mobbed the car and wanted to know more about it.
Another one:
Driving on Ventura Blvd. heading to a close friends house and I stop at a light. You will think I am about to say people were taking pics of the car, NO! I looked in my mirror and I see someone coming very very very fast and I scream, "OH SH** SHE IS GOING TO HIT US!!" She did. she was on her phone and SMASHED into me and then I hit the car in front. We get out of the car and I mumbled under my breath and hoped she heard,"are you f**ing kidding me" Then she made up lies. Long story short-ish, don't think she will text and drive again, my car was totaled. Last time I ever drove the car. Read the thread in my signature below.
Sorry to hear. Couldn't find your signature on my phone though. Were you and your family/companion OK?

I was driving behind a semi for a long bit, no chance to pass, only one lane each way. FINALLY an opening in oncoming traffic, I accelerated aggressively while passing. My passenger simply said "For the first time in my life I realize why I care about acceleration."
It actually makes the car safer, IMHO. You're in the oncoming traffic lane for... 4 or 5 seconds. Maybe 6. And I have a "slow" one.

IMG_3101.JPG

I found the fastest supercharger, but my UMC was too short.

I was driving behind a semi for a long bit, no chance to pass, only one lane each way. FINALLY an opening in oncoming traffic, I accelerated aggressively while passing. My passenger simply said "For the first time in my life I realize why I care about acceleration."
I presume that was on a mountain road? I found on two lane mountain roads at 7,000 feet, when I had only a couple hundred yards of straightaway in which to pass, it was fantastic to have a car that doesn't care whether there's any oxygen in the air. :)

Here is one: When I had just gotten my MX in 9/16 I went to the UPS store and all the employees mobbed the car and wanted to know more about it.
Another one:
Driving on Ventura Blvd. heading to a close friends house and I stop at a light. You will think I am about to say people were taking pics of the car, NO! I looked in my mirror and I see someone coming very very very fast and I scream, "OH SH** SHE IS GOING TO HIT US!!" She did. she was on her phone and SMASHED into me and then I hit the car in front. We get out of the car and I mumbled under my breath and hoped she heard,"are you f**ing kidding me" Then she made up lies. Long story short-ish, don't think she will text and drive again, my car was totaled. Last time I ever drove the car. Read the thread in my signature below.

That sucks.

A new law goes into effect in Washington State in the next couple of weeks that makes just holding a cell phone while driving a DUI. They call it a DUIE. There are a lot of legal questions that will have to be worked out in the courts like whether you could pull over and use your cell phone while still sitting in the driver's seat (the way the law is written you probably couldn't).

I presume that was on a mountain road? I found on two lane mountain roads at 7,000 feet, when I had only a couple hundred yards of straightaway in which to pass, it was fantastic to have a car that doesn't care whether there's any oxygen in the air. :)
That's one of the great things about the car. You can quickly pass just about anyone anytime you have an opening. I drive a lot in the mountains and I love to pass cars struggling up hill. I especially like to pass Porsches (also fun with poser BMWs and Audis).

This is just a quick one, but it’s kind of a funny mental image. I did a bit of a road trip with my family and when I checked into one of the hotels I asked at the front desk if they had some place where I could charge my car. She said “sure, just bring it into the lobby and plug it in here”. After a bit of confusion on both parts it became apparent that she misunderstood and thought I was asking about a place to charge my phone.

This is just a quick one, but it’s kind of a funny mental image. I did a bit of a road trip with my family and when I checked into one of the hotels I asked at the front desk if they had some place where I could charge my car. She said “sure, just bring it into the lobby and plug it in here”. After a bit of confusion on both parts it became apparent that she misunderstood and thought I was asking about a place to charge my phone.
The lobby might have worked with a Smart Fortwo electric. :)

One of my employees is married to our IT guy. The other day I happened to be leaving at the same time as they were, so we were in the elevator together. I had my phone out, texting a friend. The IT guy says in a sarcastic tone, "what cha doin, turning on the AC in your car?" I look up and say, "No, my car knows my schedule so it is already 72`". His face goes blank while his wife chuckles.

We exit the elevator and walk outside, and he says "well, at least I get 40 miles to the gallon". I reply as seriously as I can, " Gallon of what?"

His wife said, "honey, you can't win this, just give up".

We were helping out giving rides at an EV event in B.C. While I was giving rides, LoriH was "peopling" the booth coordinating the rides and answering questions. Of course, she was also collecting anecodotes, two of which struck me as very funny....

1. Lori would start with "we're owners, so we can answer any question you have". One lady trotted up in a bit of a huff, arms across her chest and said, "Yes! How often do you change your brakes?" After Lori explained single-pedal driving and regenerative braking on the S and gave the anecdote about having to tap the brakes in the Roadster to address glazing, the lady uncrossed her arms and relaxed a little. "Good, because with EVs your service is just wiper blades and brakes," said the lady.

2. Throughout the day, many people said "I wanna see small one!" to which Lori explained that the only one that had been delivered was Elon's and that in about two weeks there will be a media event with all the details. One woman looked at Lori agitated, replying "No, I wanna see the small one" with some agitation continuing "It's blue and it has Washington plates; I just saw it drive away." Lori smiled and said, "Nope that's the same as all the other Ss; it's our car."

Pulled into the Squamish, BC supercharger this afternoon and found one other car charging and a family standing next to the other Tesla. Thought it might be the other owner, but it turned out to be a family on vacation from far away in Price Rupert where they evidently don't have too many (ie zero) Teslas. The son was so excited to ask me about the car, so I said "do you want to charge the car?" He was so excited to get to push the button on the supercharger, watch the charge port open and plug the cable in. Classic, I think he'll be an EV fan for life. Had a nice chat with his parents too who were just as interested in knowing how the car drives. Is it fast?........

We were helping out giving rides at an EV event in B.C. While I was giving rides, LoriH was "peopling" the booth coordinating the rides and answering questions. Of course, she was also collecting anecodotes, two of which struck me as very funny....

1. Lori would start with "we're owners, so we can answer any question you have". One lady trotted up in a bit of a huff, arms across her chest and said, "Yes! How often do you change your brakes?" After Lori explained single-pedal driving and regenerative braking on the S and gave the anecdote about having to tap the brakes in the Roadster to address glazing, the lady uncrossed her arms and relaxed a little. "Good, because with EVs your service is just wiper blades and brakes," said the lady.

2. Throughout the day, many people said "I wanna see small one!" to which Lori explained that the only one that had been delivered was Elon's and that in about two weeks there will be a media event with all the details. One woman looked at Lori agitated, replying "No, I wanna see the small one" with some agitation continuing "It's blue and it has Washington plates; I just saw it drive away." Lori smiled and said, "Nope that's the same as all the other Ss; it's our car."

I guess technically my car was the "small one" as it's only a 75, hah

• Funny
Reactions: brianman