Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my lowly 75 in for service today.

Loaner is a 100D. 5 miles on the odometer. 100% charged. With the recent many incremental improvements (especially the more comfortable seats and the lighter doors). My Tesla grin is at a new high.

Never have been treated better in life. At least by a car maker. i am seriously tempted to buy it :)

Elon said if you like it you can keep it.......

• Funny
Reactions: Sambas and pjoseph
Took my lowly 75 in for service today.

Loaner is a 100D. 5 miles on the odometer. 100% charged. With the recent many incremental improvements (especially the more comfortable seats and the lighter doors). My Tesla grin is at a new high.

Never have been treated better in life. At least by a car maker. i am seriously tempted to buy it :)

Giving out P100Ds for loaners is a cunning plan on the part of Tesla. It will get some people to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

I took mine in for yearly service today and got an Infinti. Better than the Nissan I got the last time I dropped off my car, but nowhere near as nice as what you got. I think Portland is behind much of the country because sales have been so strong in the Portland area the last year or so they are having trouble keeping up.

They moved into a new facility for service and delivery a few months back. It's a much larger facility than they used to have, but they are already at max capacity looking at how things looked today. The service tech I talked to last week said they were getting two truckloads of new cars every day. That's around 100 cars a week.

At the service center the tech wanted me to take him on a drive to see if we could reproduce an intermittent rattle I've been hearing. Because I got boxed in from behind, we had to drive through the entire building and around it. I got a good look at how many cars were there. It was easily a few hundred and there was a truck delivering new cars in the street outside. They had 6 cars parked in a field next to the facility because they ran out of parking.

What really has me jazzed is the expansion of the Ranger service. Last week a tech came around and replaced the brake calipers in my driveway. IMO that's the perfect way to get car service! Unfortunately I have to take the car in for the annual service because they have to put it up on the lift. Most other things they can do via the mobile service.

The Service Advisor mentioned that they are selling demo / loaner cars faster than they can get them. i was just glad that there was one left. The Austin service center too is jam packed with cars. And that includes inside of the building too. The building is being remodeled even when it is only ~2 yrs old. EoQ craziness coming right up. They are going to run out of space very quickly as Model 3 ramps up.

Things about the 100D i've noticed so far. And my 75 is only 9 months old.
  • + AWD is a huge step up for me. Much better road grip & handling. i heard the front motor whizz just once and then it seems gone.
  • + PUP is standard
  • + Seats are much more comfortable
  • + Doors seem lighter and easier to handle
  • AP calibrated and kicked in within 30 miles
  • - Voice commands don't seem to work at all. Works flawlessly in my car.
  • i hope it was not kept at 100% charge for too long. i have 6 EV years on me and would never request that. On the charging screen, there is one paid $0.00 supercharging session in Fremont on June 30th. Sp this car has been sitting somewhere for a while. Hopefully not at 100%. Never thought i'd see that magical 325 miles range.
  • In summary, this one definitely feels like a much more complete car
i had no plans on upgrading. It is financially foolish to do so at this point. But sometimes the heart wins over the mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroshiy
Giving out P100Ds for loaners is a cunning plan on the part of Tesla. It will get some people to upgrade to the latest and greatest.

I took mine in for yearly service today and got an Infinti. Better than the Nissan I got the last time I dropped off my car, but nowhere near as nice as what you got. I think Portland is behind much of the country because sales have been so strong in the Portland area the last year or so they are having trouble keeping up.

They moved into a new facility for service and delivery a few months back. It's a much larger facility than they used to have, but they are already at max capacity looking at how things looked today. The service tech I talked to last week said they were getting two truckloads of new cars every day. That's around 100 cars a week.

At the service center the tech wanted me to take him on a drive to see if we could reproduce an intermittent rattle I've been hearing. Because I got boxed in from behind, we had to drive through the entire building and around it. I got a good look at how many cars were there. It was easily a few hundred and there was a truck delivering new cars in the street outside. They had 6 cars parked in a field next to the facility because they ran out of parking.

What really has me jazzed is the expansion of the Ranger service. Last week a tech came around and replaced the brake calipers in my driveway. IMO that's the perfect way to get car service! Unfortunately I have to take the car in for the annual service because they have to put it up on the lift. Most other things they can do via the mobile service.
I guess the Model 3 isn't Osborneing the Model S after all, or are the new cars mostly Model Xs?

I guess the Model 3 isn't Osborneing the Model S after all, or are the new cars mostly Model Xs?

The cars unloading from the truck looked like 50/50 Model S and X. The cars sitting around with plastic on them that looked like they were being prepped for delivery looked like a mix of 50/50 S and X too. The cars in for service were about 75% Model S, but there are more Model S on the road in total, so that's not surprising.

I now see Model S most of the time when I go out running errands, but I don't see many Model X. I see about 1-2 Model X a month around town. Though the Ranger tech said he had worked on an X only 5 minutes from me the same day he worked on my car. I think I saw that Model X once coming down the hill when I was going up, the driver waved to me enthusiastically.

It's weird. From the day I purchased Tesla Model S, my car didn't get much attention but the last two weeks I got like quite a lot of compliments and comments about my car.

The other day, I parked the my Model X in the Starbucks and the old man asked whether it was "Maserati." The man probably don't know symbols of Maserati (trident) and Tesla (T logo with grilless front)

People at least seem to perceive that the design of the Model S & X intimidating or expensive. So I said it was Tesla, the full electric car. He seemed baffled.

I signed up for a discount card at a truck stop chain. The promotion saved me a few bucks.

As part of the form the clerk filled out, she asked, do you buy gas or diesel? Ah, the look on her face when I replied, "Neither"! :confused:

After the form was completed, and I had explained how I only own electric cars, she admitted that I was the very first customer she dealt with that didn't buy either! :p

It's weird. From the day I purchased Tesla Model S, my car didn't get much attention but the last two weeks I got like quite a lot of compliments and comments about my car.

The other day, I parked the my Model X in the Starbucks and the old man asked whether it was "Maserati." The man probably don't know symbols of Maserati (trident) and Tesla (T logo with grilless front)

People at least seem to perceive that the design of the Model S & X intimidating or expensive. So I said it was Tesla, the full electric car. He seemed baffled.

Wow, that's a blast from the past*. I remember when people posted regularly about people asking them "Is that a Maserati?"

* Blimey. 5 years since the Model S ramp.

Reactions: hiroshiy and Pollux
I signed up for a discount card at a truck stop chain. The promotion saved me a few bucks.

As part of the form the clerk filled out, she asked, do you buy gas or diesel? Ah, the look on her face when I replied, "Neither"! :confused:

After the form was completed, and I had explained how I only own electric cars, she admitted that I was the very first customer she dealt with that didn't buy either! :p
??? What use is a truck stop discount card to you? :)

Even though we have a pretty good number of Teslas in Tampa Bay, I still sometimes go a week or so without seeing another one. Not so Friday, on my way home from work I was in the center lane of 3 lanes, on AP, when I noticed in my side view mirror that I had passed a beautiful silver refreshed S. At the next red light, he was going to be a car length ahead of me, so I was ready to wave just in case...although most of the time I get nothing :(. Well, he not only saw me, he was leaning over across his passenger seat so I'd be sure to see him through his window tint, giving me a thumbs up!

Why I still don't think to do the thumbs up after more than 4 years is beyond me, instead what he got back was a woman waving like a chimp on too much caffeine.

I've been driving Teslas for four years now. In San Diego it used to be common for people to come over and ask about the car or to be seen taking pictures of the car. Nowadays they're common as dirt around here. Yesterday I was standing at an intersection and four Teslas went through on a single green light.

I've been driving Teslas for four years now. In San Diego it used to be common for people to come over and ask about the car or to be seen taking pictures of the car. Nowadays they're common as dirt around here. Yesterday I was standing at an intersection and four Teslas went through on a single green light.
In northern VA this morning, I saw two different sig reds within 15 minutes of each other; haven't seen that color in about a year!
And while it's becoming less rare to spy one during my commute, I still can go days without a sighting.

We, too, got our first Tesla four years ago. Back then, we might have seen one other Tesla in a week here in this part of north Texas. Now, however, I'll dash out at lunch to run an errand and see three or four of them, not to mention the ones in my same parking lot. I encounter far less "what is that?!?!" from strangers. I'm looking forward to getting my Model 3 Oct-Dec so that I can feel special again...

Reactions: Polly Wog
@mspohr, where were you in Italy, Switzerland, France? I've seen (from the maps) a huge build-out in Italy and even found (destination) chargers in a little area of the Lake District (north of Milan), where I'd've been surprised that anyone would care. We saw a few Teslas in the Milan-and-points-north region this summer -- a shocking contrast to previous years, where we saw zero.

I think Model 3 will have a large impact here. Obviously, price. But also the Model S is a big car by Italian standards.

Alan

@mspohr, where were you in Italy, Switzerland, France? I've seen (from the maps) a huge build-out in Italy and even found (destination) chargers in a little area of the Lake District (north of Milan), where I'd've been surprised that anyone would care. We saw a few Teslas in the Milan-and-points-north region this summer -- a shocking contrast to previous years, where we saw zero.

I think Model 3 will have a large impact here. Obviously, price. But also the Model S is a big car by Italian standards.

Alan
These were completely random anecdotal observations. We travelled mostly by train so most of these are destination observations. We spent from a few hours to a week in different countries so that would affect observations.
We ended up traveling by train all across Italy from Trieste to Nice, France to see our daughters so didn't spend much time on the ground there. I agree that the Model 3 will probably gain great acceptance in Europe. Many of the streets are very narrow and I would be very concerned to drive a full size Tesla there.
Croatia was interesting. Birthplace of Nikola Tesla who is honored by a star on the ocean promenade in Opatija. Found one HPWC at a marina with a red painted reserved parking spot in the same town.
IMG_20170822_194447_639.jpg

IMG_20170823_153703.jpg

Thank you, kind sir!

I'm thinking that if you can arrange overnight parking and charging then you can be in good shape in these countries with a Model 3. The biggest single issue is being able to plug in predictably overnight. Hard to rely on a Supercharger being nearby so that you could recharge say once or twice a week.

The Italian SC network looks densest in the northwest, a bit less so in the northeast, and will require careful planning for traversing portions of the country's mid-section and south. But you can see the potential.

Perhaps on your next trip you can rent a Model 3. :)

Alan

P.S. Yes, keep on thinking to myself, wouldn't it be great to have a permanent car there for the summers (we're up in Lago D'Orta) rather than renting all the time. And if a permanent car, why the heck wouldn't I want a Tesla instead of some POS lying diesel from one of the German or Italian or French lying diesel liars. Just spent 5 weeks in a god-awful Renault Kadjar - ick!

Thank you, kind sir!

I'm thinking that if you can arrange overnight parking and charging then you can be in good shape in these countries with a Model 3. The biggest single issue is being able to plug in predictably overnight. Hard to rely on a Supercharger being nearby so that you could recharge say once or twice a week.

The Italian SC network looks densest in the northwest, a bit less so in the northeast, and will require careful planning for traversing portions of the country's mid-section and south. But you can see the potential.

Perhaps on your next trip you can rent a Model 3. :)

Alan

P.S. Yes, keep on thinking to myself, wouldn't it be great to have a permanent car there for the summers (we're up in Lago D'Orta) rather than renting all the time. And if a permanent car, why the heck wouldn't I want a Tesla instead of some POS lying diesel from one of the German or Italian or French lying diesel liars. Just spent 5 weeks in a god-awful Renault Kadjar - ick!
We were planning to spend time in the Italian lake region but our daughters decided on a last minute trip to France so we skipped that part of the trip to meet them in Nice and then went on to Avignon. Next time we will plan time there. The Italian Alps are fantastic. We did sped a few days in Kranjska Gora and Bled, Slovenia just to the East of Italy and the mountains were spectacular.
Train travel in Europe is so easy and we were traveling large distances so we decided on a Eurail pass this time. Next time we'll probably concentrate on Switzerland and Italy... we like mountains... so won't be doing so much traveling and renting a Tesla would be fantastic.