Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Tesla Model X merged on the highway beside my Smart ED tonight, and my (young) son looked over to wave and said "hey dad it's an old lady in that Model X" ... pause ... "well, it's better she drives a Tesla than a stinky gas car" ... pause ... "it'll probably be 1000 years before all cars are electric" ... pause "nah, 2030". I leave the stereo off when driving with him, I never know when a "classic" conversation will ensue.

A Tesla Model X merged on the highway beside my Smart ED tonight, and my (young) son looked over to wave and said "hey dad it's an old lady in that Model X" ... pause ... "well, it's better she drives a Tesla than a stinky gas car" ... pause ... "it'll probably be 1000 years before all cars are electric" ... pause "nah, 2030". I leave the stereo off when driving with him, I never know when a "classic" conversation will ensue.
Your wife was using the Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: Max*
My wife is the more conservative of the two of us. She tells me a young driver pulled up next to her at a stop light and egged her on. She was driving our red S 90D. She left him in the dust. Too much fun.

These are always my favorite. I get a kick when some people follow me and then quickly change lanes to get next to me at a red light. You can tell these folks intentions.

As soon as the green light hits, I slam on the pedal and they turn into a dot in the rear view mirror in 4 seconds. It’s amazing how many people underestimate the power of the car. Not just any car...an electric one too.

Your wife was using the Tesla?

You know, I laughed when I read this reply.

Thought 1: You meant, my wife was the "old lady" in the Model X merging on the highway, which is a hilarious dig. But, as you know my sig shows we have a Model S, that's unlikely what you meant, but I did a double take on this reply and smiled! I LOVE a good dig!

Thought 2: You must imagine that our Tesla Model S is my car. Nope. My wife drives the Tesla, it's her daily driver. She has a business that takes her all over Ontario. It's actually it's own "Tesla moment" that my wife is the primary driver and gets lots more "moments" than I. She is every bit the enthusiast as I am when it comes to the enjoyment of the car behind the wheel. But she never talks about it, whereas it's pretty much all I talk about!

Thought 3: Guys must wonder why a car nut like me drives a Smart ED as a daily driver. Simple, I literally drive it binary, 1 or 0, ON or OFF, mash the accelerator, or mash the brake. It's so much fun because it has a limit (turn in, steering, braking, etc) which you can absolutely hit every day on the street. I like that I can search for the limit, and the limit is so easy to hit that I am not going fast enough to die. VS the Tesla, where it is not possible to hit limits within reasonable speeds, just too much car in a good way.

More detail than your one line reply asked for, but, there you go!

I usually don't make sideway glances at other drivers when I'm stopped at a light but today on my way home, I saw in the corner of my eye a lady signaling me to roll down the window. When I did, she gave a thumbs up and showed appreciation for the Tesla and I thanked her. I think she wanted to ask me about the car but the light turned green. It's the second day in a row that I've gotten recognition while driving. Now, I'm gonna have to start making glances at other drivers to see if they acknowledge the car and want to chat for a bit :p
Be careful..

Embarrassing Tesla moment...

You know, I laughed when I read this reply.

Thought 1: You meant, my wife was the "old lady" in the Model X merging on the highway, which is a hilarious dig. But, as you know my sig shows we have a Model S, that's unlikely what you meant, but I did a double take on this reply and smiled! I LOVE a good dig!

Thought 2: You must imagine that our Tesla Model S is my car. Nope. My wife drives the Tesla, it's her daily driver. She has a business that takes her all over Ontario. It's actually it's own "Tesla moment" that my wife is the primary driver and gets lots more "moments" than I. She is every bit the enthusiast as I am when it comes to the enjoyment of the car behind the wheel. But she never talks about it, whereas it's pretty much all I talk about!

Thought 3: Guys must wonder why a car nut like me drives a Smart ED as a daily driver. Simple, I literally drive it binary, 1 or 0, ON or OFF, mash the accelerator, or mash the brake. It's so much fun because it has a limit (turn in, steering, braking, etc) which you can absolutely hit every day on the street. I like that I can search for the limit, and the limit is so easy to hit that I am not going fast enough to die. VS the Tesla, where it is not possible to hit limits within reasonable speeds, just too much car in a good way.

More detail than your one line reply asked for, but, there you go!

Just as an aside, I wonder if Daimler actually gave any thought to the other meaning of ED when they named the Smart ED. Not besmirching the car, Smart cars have their niche. I just think of those commercials on American TV for pills for ED (I believe selling prescription drugs on TV is illegal in Canada, but not here in the US).

Just as an aside, I wonder if Daimler actually gave any thought to the other meaning of ED when they named the Smart ED.

Smart marketing is generally pretty savvy and hip, but yeah, a bit funny.
But, the "ED" symbol and name also makes a great "plug being put into socket" symbol for the
side of the car V

icon-fortwo.png

IMG_9010.jpg

Force shield.

Extra-cost, undocumented option currently available only on Model S P100D to Secret Squirrel Pre-Beta Testers. Another technology transfer from Space X. Repels boarders and adjacent parkers. Shield color matches body color. Available on X, 3 and non-performance configs as part of FSD once FSD stabilizes.

Alan

View attachment 255461

Force shield.

Extra-cost, undocumented option currently available only on Model S P100D to Secret Squirrel Pre-Beta Testers. Another technology transfer from Space X. Repels boarders and adjacent parkers. Shield color matches body color. Available on X, 3 and non-performance configs as part of FSD once FSD stabilizes.

Alan

See, now that's the kind of 21st century technology we need from Tesla. :)

Force shield.

Alan
Does it require PUP v1.5? ANy interference with Xpel wrap? :p

View attachment 255461

Force shield.

Alan
Boy, I'll bet that feature will drive the "vampire drain" rate through the roof! :)

View attachment 255461

Force shield.

Alan
Reminds me of those cars in Speed Racer the movie when they crash.

View attachment 255461

Force shield.

Alan

I would actually pay for that.

I get Tesla Moments all the time but this one yesterday really concerned me. My wife and I are driving to the city on our busy 4 - lane highway. I pick the second lane from the left (not the passing lane), stick it on AP and cruise along. At some point, I notice an older econo-box creep up on my left side ever so slowly. I know it wasn't trying to pass me quickly and that the occupants wanted to check out my car. They saw me drinking a bottle of water when I glanced over to see them. I guess they could tell the AP was on. Both the driver and the passenger smiled and gave me their thumbs up. So I gave them a wave back. Meanwhile, they are slowly passing me but they are still BOTH looking at my car. This continues on (like in slo-motion) until they are at my 11 o'clock position. I mention to my wife - "Hey, they don't have AP in that car and both of them are looking back at us. What happens if they hit the car in front or skid into the guardrail!".

Yikes, if anything I don't want to be a party to an accident because of car-gazing...

It isn't a common car to be seen at a scrapyard out here in the boondocks!

Not just in the boondocks! We've been moving two houses, and my P85D is a common sight at the local town dump. It's a great junk-hauling machine!

The guy at the battery/electronics station always comments on my car and the color (Dark Blue Metallic).. and how he'd love to get one someday.

Not just in the boondocks! We've been moving two houses, and my P85D is a common sight at the local town dump. It's a great junk-hauling machine!

The guy at the battery/electronics station always comments on my car and the color (Dark Blue Metallic).. and how he'd love to get one someday.
I've also used my car for trips to the landfill. They give me the lowest rate because they can see that the car isn't full even though I put a lot of stuff in there! [I don't have trash service because with recycling I generate only one bag of trash every three months or so.]

Got into the Tesla in the Best Buy parking lot just after another couple in the next car. I glanced to the left before selecting reverse and the passenger was waving to attract my attention. Then she gave me a thumbs up and mouthed "I love your car". I smiled, waved and mouthed back "Thank you". No actual sound waves were exchanged, but the message got thru anyway.

Halloween Tesla moment.

Our son and the neighbors' son out of the blue tell us they want to be "Tesla race car drivers" for Halloween. These boys are absolutely nuts for everything Tesla after we got our CPO P85 in February. So what is a parent to do? Why buy youth size fire suits and have them custom embroidered of course!!

Jeff on Twitter

My dream cars were things like Porsche 959, Ferrari F40, etc... and these boys get to ride in theirs with their booster seats. Just amazing to me.

Last edited: