Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No better place to post this. Now this is what I call the perfect Tesla parking spot. :)

upload_2017-11-8_17-6-25.png

No better place to post this. Now this is what I call the perfect Tesla parking spot. :)

View attachment 258987

That is perfect - I can't count the number of times I've parked at the far reaches of a parking lot, only to come back and find my car has attracted other cars like it was some sort of huge magnet.

Early on in my time with my red Model S, twice I had the experience of women coming up to the car in a supermarket parking lot and asking if it was Italian. One specifically asked if it was a Maserati! I suppose the bright red color adds to its "Italian sports car" look.

Reactions: hiroshiy
View attachment 258873
At my local garage to get the winter tires put on; they have assured me that they have done this with several Tesla. All good from my side. After pulling in they didn't completely like how my S was positioned over the lift. As I was already out of the car, I motioned to one of them to just jump in and move it. "Keys?".... "You don't need them" (as I am standing next to the car). After jumping in he was searching on the steering column for how to start the car. "Step on the brake." Had to repeat that bit twice.

Only later was everything made clear - although they have changed several sets of tires, each time it was the owner who drove in and out. It was good for a chuckle...

That also told me that jack mode was not needed if the entire car is lifted up at once; anyone care to comment on this? I did show them how to put a Tesla into jack mode, just in case.

This story reminds me of when I first got the Model S. I had to get the car inspected for the MA state inspection sticker. We have 7 days after purchase to do that. I asked the Tesla delivery guy if they had a recommendation for where to go. He suggested a gas station in the center of town, where coincidentally I had gone for inspections previously with my ICE cars, so I went there.

The place is not very impressive looking and is a bit grubby, so I was a bit hesitant. But the owner came out to get the car for its inspection and started talking about what a great car it was and how impressive Tesla is as a company and how much he admires Elon Musk and on and on. I admired his enthusiasm, and he certainly knew how to drive the car and so on, but it almost got to be too much -- he could hardly stop talking! But it was a good experience and alleviated my concern that someone might mis-handle the car during the inspection.

I've gone back to this same place twice more for annual inspections, but it's been all business. Maybe Teslas have become too common there or something.

Early on in my time with my red Model S, twice I had the experience of women coming up to the car in a supermarket parking lot and asking if it was Italian. One specifically asked if it was a Maserati! I suppose the bright red color adds to its "Italian sports car" look.

I think we all know the women were looking for an excuse to check out the driver. :)

Alan

I know this post is over a year old but if you haven't ordered the second MS yet you might want to consider a CPO MS. Save yourself a ton of coin and get all the options. Simply consider a CPO MS as having a few more " test " miles on it. I don't own MS yet, but I've visited the store in Natick once and Watertown once to look at CPO cars and was very impressed with the quality of the CPO fleet.

Buying a CPO MS can save you a bunch of money but no one but you and your wife will know as it will look like it just rolled off the production line. Tesla will not sell a used car that won't meet Teslas specifications for CPO. Cars that don't meet the CPO program are sold to used car dealers.

Why pay for a new car when you can get the same quality and attention to detail Tesla offers on a CPO P85D. I was at the hookset SC back in July and a MS pulled in and while talking to the owner discovered it was a CPO car and it had just over 22,000 miles on it yet I thought it was new.

He saved over $45'000 versus a new one.

Food for thought.

I may never be able to own one myself but I can live vicariously through you Gentleman and Ladies who own and enjoy one.

:)
Even cheaper, find a used listing for one that HAD previously been purchased as a CPO (ev-cpo.com was my tool to assist, thanks Hank). I couldn't find a P85 in my price range at the time. I found one at cars.com, cross-referenced the CARFAX against ev-cpo and bingo. I had been watching the CPO listings for over a year. I have had my 2013 CPO for over a year and there is still a year+ and 10,000 miles left on the CPO warranty. It was a lot of work, but worth it.

Last edited:
I was just finishing some last minute Christmas shopping this evening and as I got back to my car and started to get in I heard someone say “OMG... that was so cool”. I turned and looked and there was a guy getting out of the car next to me and he said “I always wondered how Tesla door handles worked. That was amazing.” As he was walking away I heard him say to his wife “did you see that? He walked up to his car the door handle popped out!” She seemed less impressed than he was.