Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tonight at 8:15 I get a call from Brett Miller, who is wrapping the front end of my new Model X. “Could you open the frunk for me so I can tuck the film under the hood edges?" I had valet mode on, and forgot he’d need to open the hood. So I opened it with the phone app. “Thanks!” said Brett.

Brett works his arse off! Also his "associate", Tiffany. :)

Very happy with what Brett has done for me.

Brett == All American Paint Protection == Brand It Wrap It... in Rockville, MD.

Reactions: Skipdd and Nilnoc
So a couple of weeks ago my wife, who is taking a college class, drives to Ft Worth in her 1 week old M3. We have just returned from a couple of weeks outside the country and she has missed her last 2 labs. After class she stays late to complete her missed work and then, mid-afternoon realizes she is starving so she decided to grab a quick bite before returning home.

She stops at a Whataburger and is waiting in the dining room for her meal. A few minutes go by and the manager walks in and asks if anyone in the dining room is driving a Blue Tesla Model 3. (At this point I would be thinking "Oh God! Somebody hit my car!". My wife on the otherhand is thinking she forgot to turn it off and it is probably driving around on autopilot!.)

Anyway she raises her hand and says that the car in question is hers. He walks over and says "That's AWESOME! How do you like it?".
That went from an Oh "S*&^!" moment to a "Oh isn't that nice"" really quickly!

This meme provides Context for the story below:

future-cars.jpg

The above meme came out on Friday (here, and posted here with the permission of its creator -- me!), the day I headed from Colorado for the San Francisco peninsula, where I had set up lunch with an old buddy who is in very bad shape with Parkinson's. I had planned to take him for a ride in my Tesla, but had to take it to the SC in Palo Alto for an urgent windshield replacement (thanks, rock...).

When I arrived at the SC the bad news was, no Tesla loaners. The better news once I was all signed in was, he "found one anyway." I had expressed disappointment, but didn't tell him about planning to take my buddy for a ride. The amusing irony: it was a Pearl White S75 -- a clone of the one pictured above (mine's MC Red).

Hadn't told my buddy I was taking him out in a Tesla, so it was a surprise for him to see what was in his driveway. He needed help getting in (because it's low, and a bit cramped), but my brother helped me get him into the front seat.

He was quite interested in the car, and had never been in one, though he certainly knew what it was: after all, he lives in the Bay Area! He lives at the tippy-top of a winding street, and was blown away that we got to the bottom with more energy in the battery than when we left -- and that I never had to touch the brakes, which is so contrary to his experience on that road! But that was nothing compared to what happened next, when we finally got to a wide, straight street.

Gave him a few bursts of rapid 0-40 (city streets and all!), and he audibly chuckled every time. He's only 65, and probably doesn't have many years left (LONG beyond driving himself anymore). He had a lot of questions, and loved hearing the real scoop about The Car of the Future.

It was a true pleasure to give him the opportunity to get a ride in a "future" car, considering he probably won't live to see much of that future. Bittersweet, but what a privilege to do that for him. Thanks, Elon, for making it happen!

So a couple of weeks ago my wife, who is taking a college class, drives to Ft Worth in her 1 week old M3. We have just returned from a couple of weeks outside the country and she has missed her last 2 labs. After class she stays late to complete her missed work and then, mid-afternoon realizes she is starving so she decided to grab a quick bite before returning home.

She stops at a Whataburger and is waiting in the dining room for her meal. A few minutes go by and the manager walks in and asks if anyone in the dining room is driving a Blue Tesla Model 3. (At this point I would be thinking "Oh God! Somebody hit my car!". My wife on the otherhand is thinking she forgot to turn it off and it is probably driving around on autopilot!.)

Anyway she raises her hand and says that the car in question is hers. He walks over and says "That's AWESOME! How do you like it?".
That went from an Oh "S*&^!" moment to a "Oh isn't that nice"" really quickly!
Sweet.

I new the ending ahead of time. After all, only a fan would know that it was a Model 3 ;-)

I haven't had a memorable Tesla Moment in a while, until just the other day when I was driving by our local elementary school, and several girls jumped out into the road, bouncing up and down, screaming "Tesla! Tesla!"

I felt like a rock star. Or at least like I was driving a rock star.
It helps our kids to earn some additional points on the coolness scale, too :D

Reactions: OBX John
I was 'coal rolled' today … again. It's just the price you must pay living in oil & gas country. I may or may not have seen "Oil Field Honey Spending Oil Field Money" bumper sticker through the black smoke and soot. Luckily, I was prepared in biohazard defense mode. ;)

Ahhh, that southern charm. I'm sure your thought to this fine, classy specimen was "Thank you, darlin'!"

• Funny
Reactions: Hugh Mannity