Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Commerce and Commerce in Commerce Township
But at least that is W and S Commerce so there is a difference.:)

Here is one for you in Twin Falls, ID. That's what they do there.

Everything is named around the center of the town. I could never quite get used to it but it is logical.

upload_2018-8-17_8-57-33.png

As a kid, the intersection of Elderon Drive and Elderon Drive always confused me.
It's a head scratcher for sure. And to make matters worse my driveway is at that intersection. So Google naturally has to pick a left or right so people see the instruction to turn and then they have taken their eyes off the road and miss my driveway. It's fun to sit up on the hill and watch them drive aimlessly back and forth playing nav games.;)

Driving back from the desert this afternoon and per the NAV full house everywhere along the usual route.
Indio, Cabazon, Riverside, Culver City.

Tesla moment 1. With HPWCs on each end, I don’t need to worry and it’s the bees knees! :cool:
Tesla moment 2. Remember when we could actually alternate parking spots to receive full power? :rolleyes:

I had sort of a Tesla Moment the other day, though I was sitting at home at the time. My SO had to go into Portland and got stuck in bad traffic getting back. We were on the phone and she was getting worried she was going to run out of gas with her Subaru. I did some quick mental calculations and assured her she had enough gas. But I pointed out to her she was experiencing what everyone talks about with EVs: range anxiety. Something I haven't experienced in over 2 years! We both agreed it was ironic.

Today, I had a plumber over to localize a leak in our sprinkler system. Counting introductions and showing him where everything was, he was done in about 30 minutes. While we were doing paperwork in front of my garage, he noticed my Model S and wanted to ask about it, so we wound up talking about Teslas for another half hour. It seems he wanted to get an S for his wife, but she wanted to drive a Lexus instead. But he did a bunch of research making his case for the Tesla, so he knew quite a bit about batteries, charging, options, road-tripping, rebates, etc. He said when he retires in 4-5 years he’s going to get one for himself to replace his work truck. :)

Bruce.

On my way home yesterday the traffic came to a standstill due to some sort of issue requiring workers in a lift (hydro, tree trimming, who knows). I was enjoying the sound system & relaxing when the big pick-up truck behind me pulled out and alongside me on the right in the shoulder of the road. For a moment I was worried the driver was going to tell me to turn it down :p

What followed was a thoroughly delightful conversation with the fellow, who actually wanted to ask me whether this was the Model 3 and how did I like it etc. He told me he'd purchased some Tesla stock and is planning to order a Model 3 soon. We chatted for several minutes before the traffic started moving again and I made sure to let him know about the local EV club, so he can connect with us.

Give Tesla a huge amount of mental support;)

1/Download the file

congratulations Tesla Top Team.jpg congratulations Tesla Top Team.pdf
2/Print the congratulations on A4
3/Make a few nice pictures
20180927_193509.jpg 20180927_193702.jpg 20180927_193808.jpg
4/forward it to friends and ask to do the same
5/Drop the photos en masse in the media, after the quarter end;)

Kwartaalcijfer Party?

Attachments

• congratulations Tesla Top Team.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 117
Two in one day.
Parked really badly at the grocery store. Put the backup camera on to check the lines and planned to back up and fix it but there was a group of people standing right behind the car having a conversation. I thought they were criticizing my parking, but they were actually excited to see a Tesla.
Passed a blue Model X going the other way--still a very rare sighting around here--and then passed a blue Model X later in the day on the same road going back home. Odd are excellent it was the same car, but twice in one day!

I was giving a briefing at the beginning of our Western Pennsylvania Fall Foliage Poker Run to 40 participants at a Tesla Supercharger, when up walks a random guy who interrupts the whole thing and asks, "So, can you shift a Tesla? Are there gears?" I asked him to hold his question until later since we were in the middle of a briefing, he walked away, unwilling to wait to hear the answer.

It is getting increasingly difficult to tell the difference between a person who genuinely has a question and one that is just asking the "typical questions" to harrass EV drivers. I patiently answer the questions asked, but occasionally it just doesn't make sense to spend time attempting to educate the public about buying local energy, instant torque, etc.

I think I should carry a business card with the three or four standard bullet points on it to hand them, so they can really take a look at source documents and information that will be more convincing than my short monologue. My time is valuable, but so is educating the public in a respectful and positive way when they ask, is important.

I was giving a briefing at the beginning of our Western Pennsylvania Fall Foliage Poker Run to 40 participants at a Tesla Supercharger, when up walks a random guy who interrupts the whole thing and asks, "So, can you shift a Tesla? Are there gears?" I asked him to hold his question until later since we were in the middle of a briefing, he walked away, unwilling to wait to hear the answer.

It is getting increasingly difficult to tell the difference between a person who genuinely has a question and one that is just asking the "typical questions" to harrass EV drivers. I patiently answer the questions asked, but occasionally it just doesn't make sense to spend time attempting to educate the public about buying local energy, instant torque, etc.

I think I should carry a business card with the three or four standard bullet points on it to hand them, so they can really take a look at source documents and information that will be more convincing than my short monologue. My time is valuable, but so is educating the public in a respectful and positive way when they ask, is important.
You're assuming they want to be convinced... :(

Reactions: Saghost
We haven't had any Tesla moment stories for awhile, so...

Today, I drove over to the new Corte Madera, CA Supercharger for a quick touch-and-go charge (now 61 unique Superchargers visited). After finishing and moving my car out of the way, I wandered around this outdoor mall, and came across a demo Model S and three salespeople from the Tesla Store. I was shooting the breeze with one of them, and we were swapping random Tesla stories for a few minutes. Then a young lady walked by, who apparently just finished a test drive. He says to her, "So, how was your test drive?" Eyes lit up, she was totally gushing over the Model S, said she's ready to order one, just as soon as she can get rid of her BMW, got all the options picked out, etc. Then she turns to me (random stranger who she's never met) and says, "You really need to try out one of these." Awesome!

Bruce.

PS. If the soon-to-be-owner is reading this, it was great talking to you. Hope you get your Tesla soon.