Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a nightmare last night. I had a dream that my car unexpectedly ran out of charge on a two-lane bridge. I had to leave it and go for help. In the meantime, the car was towed to the local docks and instead of dropping it off on the dock, they dropped it into the water and it sank about 20 feet below sea level. When I got there, they were able to retrieve the car to a dry dock, and were unapologetic about the mishap. Anyway, I was left with a 2014 P85D+ in perfect physical/body condition, other than being submerged for about a day in salt water.

I immediately began thinking of who would be interested in buying such a car (or course Rich Rebuilds came to mind), but more importantly (and happily), I realized I could begin the search for another P85D+ to replace it, but this time hold out for a rare Ludicrous-enabled P85D+ version.

Then I woke up.
I have dreams like that all the time - probably once a week for a couple of years. I even thought of creating a "Tesla literal nightmare" thread. Some dreams that I remember off the top of my head:
  • I hit a launch near the top of a hill instead of on the downslope and I take off into the air "Duke of Hazzard" style
  • I miss a detour sign at night and slam into a construction barrier
  • The main window goes black and I have to drive using a weird wire-frame display on the center console
  • A dirt road gets so narrow that the car flips upside-down on the side of a hill
  • Autopilot takes over and tries to pull to the side of the road before it has to shut down, and ends up getting stuck on a beach access road
  • Autopark gets itself wedged into a spot so tight I can't get the car out
I have dozens more that I can't remember right now.

Wow! Wish I was one of those people that remembers my dreams. I did wake up after dreaming our neighbors who just moved to Palm Springs. They had taken our new dog, who we got for Xmas, with them. My heart was racing, but the Tesla I seem pretty unstressed about.

-Randy

Had a nightmare last night. I had a dream...I was left with a 2014 P85D+ in perfect physical/body condition, other than being submerged for about a day in salt water... I realized I could begin the search for another P85D+ to replace it, but this time hold out for a rare Ludicrous-enabled P85D+ version.

In other words, you'd like to upgrade now, and your subconscious is looking for any reason to do so. ;-)

This is one of my favorite threads and the launch of my earliest relationship with Tesla. :rolleyes:

Another milestone for me, a sad Tesla moment milestone, as yesterday I ordered my replacement S after 3 glorious, virtually trouble free years with my current S. I struggled with the decision to buy her post lease, but the numbers are silly compared to a newer warranty, tech etc. The next 45 days will be amazing and the last 5 will be gut wrenching. It's hard to describe my relationship with this exquisite machine. We learned AP1 and pushed its limits together, we toured national parks across the wild west, chased a solar eclipse in Wyoming and camped on a beach near Vandenberg to watch a spacex launch. We towed a boat, toted gear/skis/bikes, and taught other about EVs. Its been a wonderful 3 year ride. Tesla moments

How are my fellow 3 year owners doing? We bonded with similar 8 week waiting angst back in the day (rember how crazy we were? ) ....... are you keeping or trading in? :(

I was in the delivery thread with you and I think you took delivery about a week before I did. I bought rather than leased, so the 3rd anniversary isn't as big a milestone, but I'm still quite happy with my S. The 90% was 268-269 miles when I bought it and it's still 267-268.

My life had a series of things come up starting a couple of weeks after taking delivery. It started with my 21 year old car reaching the end of the line. His last couple of vet visits were in the Model S. My SO had suffered with constant mild allergies to the old cat, and she started searching found the Siberian Forest Cat which can be hypoallergenic and the guy who developed the allergen test breeds them about 90 miles from here. So we had several trips to Salem, OR and ended up with the two cats in my avatar. They are descended from a different wild cat and are a bit different from most house cats I've had over the years. That picture was taken in the frunk during their first winter.

Between the cats and the car, they were the only high points in my life for about 2 years. I realized something was different when I was making up excuses to run errands, and it wasn't to get out of the house, it was to drive the car.

We had a bit of a Tesla moment yesterday. On our way back from running errands I heard an intermittent squeaking sound while waiting to make a left off the highway and as we turned I realized it was a car waiting to make a right onto the highway. They had a loose belt. I commented that wasn't something I had to worry about, or much of the regular maintenance with an ICE. Then my SO remembered the oil light in her Subaru had come on earlier that day and she needed to get to an appointment on Monday early, and we didn't have any oil for her car (we have leftover oil for my old car we should get rid of). Plus she needed an oil change, and no place is open today. There was some household angst when we got home, but she got her appointment rescheduled for a few hours later so she can get the oil changed at the local car repair place first thing.

ICE are a pain in the neck. The only thing I need to think about when leaving the house is make sure to unplug the car before taking off. In the winter it helps to preheat the car, but even that is optional.

We haven't had a chance to road trip much. I'll probably be making my second road trip to California in May for some family business, though it will likely be solo.

It's been a great ride so far.

I was in the delivery thread with you and I think you took delivery about a week before I did. I bought rather than leased, so the 3rd anniversary isn't as big a milestone, but I'm still quite happy with my S. The 90% was 268-269 miles when I bought it and it's still 267-268.

Oh yes, I sure do remember you in the pack Dolson!! I nicknamed everyone based on our postings, and you were/are the professor. :D

FWIW, I can still charge full with a trickle to 282 - it was 289 shortly after delivery. For all the gripes about the 90 kWh, its been a gem for me. When I replaced the 21" turbines with the 21" arachnids, I picked up another 10 miles of range on weekend jaunts to the desert. Heaven.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Oh yes, I sure do remember you in the pack Dolson!! I nicknamed everyone based on our postings, and you were/are the professor. :D

FWIW, I can still charge full with a trickle to 282 - it was 289 shortly after delivery. For all the gripes about the 90 kWh, its been a gem for me. When I replaced the 21" turbines with the 21" arachnids, I picked up another 10 miles of range on weekend jaunts to the desert. Heaven.

Sadly I do sound like I swallowed an encyclopedia sometimes. On another thread I recently said I've been told I'm "fluffier" in person. :)

They must have had an exceptional batch of batteries around that time or something.

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB
As I'm cleaning out the driver's seat area, a pickup truck, with three young men, pulls up near me.

In a puzzled tone, "Excuse me, sir, did your door just lift up?"

Wordlessly, I touched the door handle, revealing my two doggos still eating their breakfast.

"Wow!" "That is so cool!" "I TOLD YOU! I knew I saw that door lift up!" "Awesome, dude, that must make it so much easier for your dogs!"

We chatted a bit more, and they went on their way. The magic is still alive!

I'm charging at Centralia WA and a new Kia Niro just pulled up and the driver tried to figure out how to use the Superchargers! She soon realized it wasn't going to work and left.
20190513_090732~2.jpg

My SO told me over dinner tonight she witnessed a grand Tesla moment this morning. She was on the freeway in the right lane with a white Tesla Model in the left and they were pacing one another. Then an aggressive driver in what she thinks was a Jeep Cherokee SRT (high performance model Cherokee) was weaving in and out of traffic and trying to go as fast as possible.

He came up behind the Tesla and started flashing his lights and tailgating. When the road straightened out and the Tesla had a clear stretch of road in front, it launched. She said it was there one second and half a mile down the road the next. The Jeep tried to catch him but couldn't come close. By the time the Jeep got a few car lengths ahead of my SO, the Tesla was out of sight.

She didn't see the badge on the Tesla, so she didn't know if it was a performance model or not.

Aren’t UTE drivers the more aggressive in Australia? I didn’t know FCA even existed that far out!

A friend in the UK told me that Jeep in the UK is a prestige vehicle like Range Rover is here. His father bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee when he "made it". I don't think Dodge or Chrysler are exported outside North America though, but Fiat was a worldwide brand before the Chrysler merger.

278568AA-975F-4685-8D0D-2A071BDCD7A2.jpeg Just got back from b-day and father’s day dinner with the family. Thought the daughter’s present was amusing and apropo to this thread. She knows how much I enjoy my Tesla, and was trying to figure out what she might get me that would complement this passion, but be affordable for her. In case you can’t decipher, it’s a Nikola Tesla bobblehead:). Not planning on mounting it in the car..

My SO told me over dinner tonight she witnessed a grand Tesla moment this morning. She was on the freeway in the right lane with a white Tesla Model in the left and they were pacing one another. Then an aggressive driver in what she thinks was a Jeep Cherokee SRT (high performance model Cherokee) was weaving in and out of traffic and trying to go as fast as possible.

He came up behind the Tesla and started flashing his lights and tailgating. When the road straightened out and the Tesla had a clear stretch of road in front, it launched. She said it was there one second and half a mile down the road the next. The Jeep tried to catch him but couldn't come close. By the time the Jeep got a few car lengths ahead of my SO, the Tesla was out of sight.

She didn't see the badge on the Tesla, so she didn't know if it was a performance model or not.

Sorry, but it sounds like the white Tesla was driving as poorly as the Cherokee if not more so.