Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Frunk is the best place store Pizza on the drive home from the shop. You don't get a car full of Pizza fumes and drool all over leather interior.
The frunk of the Model X is a great place to store our portable camping grill for the same reason. My Model S frunk is used when I have to get diesel fuel to run my tractor.. until I can get an electric one.

Reactions: Hugh-SG and DavidB
I'm helping a friend find a used Model S:

upload_2019-7-19_8-51-2.png

Last edited:
Hmm.. I have never even opened the frunk in my 3 years of driving Teslas. Not once, except when the sales guy showed me how to open and close when I picked it up.

Turned mine in last month after 3 years, and during the ‘walk thru’ the tesla guy asks if I’ve got everything out of the car. Yep I said. He checks the trunk and proceeds to the never used frunk. Boom.....3 year old swag! A tesla umbrella, golf balls, and golf shirt in a black tesla shopping bag.

Yesterday I was in a local convenience store having a quick pizza, and I picked a seat by the window where I could keep an eye on my car, because why not? It's a white 2010 Roadster with a red TESLA decal set, which I think it's pretty striking — not something you'll see every day.

While I was eating, I was startled to see a black Model 3 pull into the lot. I think it's the first time I've even seen a 3 out here in small-town rural Texas. He parked next to my Roadster, with an empty space between them, and I thought. . . Cool! He's gonna check it out.

But then this young guy got out of the 3, and he didn't even seem to glance at my car, but he went straight for the front door of the building. Well, maybe he really needs to use the restroom urgently? But no. . . He barely seemed to look around inside the store, then he was right back out to his car, and he got back in, and he started to back out of the space.

Then, as he stopped to put it in drive, he paused long enough to hold up his phone and take a snapshot of my car through his windshield. Then he drove away.

Most peculiar behavior. It was obvious that taking a look at my car was the only reason he stopped. Yet, he was very determined to not be seen openly admiring it, not to walk around it, not to stand out in the open taking a picture. Dude, you are no ninja, and there's no need to be self-conscious. :rolleyes:

Three Teslas in a line rolling along the winding roads of Mount Desert Island was a rare sight to see. Made possible buy the surreptitious appearance of a Maryland Model 3 slipping in between our X and 3 on the way to a car show. Too bad nobody saw it.

My Delaware Tesla was on Mount Desert Island on Thursday, actually, and I saw several others there, either on the drive or in Bar Harbor, though not in groups.

Reactions: Gwgan
I finally met the neighbor with the other Model S in our neighborhood. It showed up late last year and I later noticed it was a 70 refresh. I was out walking with a friend near their house just as they got home. He's kind of a gearhead and was kind of anti-Tesla until he drove one. The Model S is mostly her car and she can charge at work.

I guessed correctly it was a 2016 they bought used.

Anyone going to attend ? Meet other Tesla owners and talk EV's.
Bike shops selling Ebikes or electric motor cycles should look into attending the National Drive Electric Events
It would also be good place for a Solar installer or EV charger company to display their products.
People think of these events as Electric car events but I think it can be much more depending on local support.
Electric cars, electric trucks, electric buses, Electric motor cycles, electric bicycles, electric scooters, EV chargers,
Solar panels and other groups should all be welcome to attend and display their products.
Check with your local event organizer and see what they say. Great place for sales leads.

National Drive Electric Week™ is September 14-22, 2019.

National Drive Electric Week 2019 - Event Map

Went to the grocery store with my wife this afternoon.

In line at the checkout just as it's my turn, I use the app to turn on the AC in my Model S (it's 101 F outside today).

I push the cart to the car, and then realize I drove the wife's vehicle (ICE) to the store.

My Tesla is at home in the garage with a nice cool cabin.

The obvious question is why you would ever drive the ICE to the store. :)

The obvious question is why you would ever drive the ICE to the store. :)
Exactly! Where are all of the comments about the step-by-step realization of the horror of your vehicle selection error? The strange noises, the strange vibration, the strange smells, the sluggish behavior, the cluttered dash...?