Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably the first of many tesla moments I'll have but my wife and I took delivery yesterday. Needless to say once we got home, I spent an hour in the car in the garage playing around with the settings/profiles etc. the garage door was closed and AC was on in the car.

Got lost in the moment with all excitement and I had a minor freak out moment thinking I'm about to kill myself with the car running in an enclosed space and all. Then I remembered I was in a Tesla . . .

I had a similar kind of moment when my SO put the Tesla in too close to the garage door. I needed to get around the car and I needed to pull it forward about 18 inches. For a second I thought, what a hassle, I need to open the garage door, fire up the car, creep forward, then leave the door open to let it all air out again. Then it dawned on me, "wait a minute, I'm in an electric car, duh!"

I had a similar kind of moment when my SO put the Tesla in too close to the garage door. I needed to get around the car and I needed to pull it forward about 18 inches. For a second I thought, what a hassle, I need to open the garage door, fire up the car, creep forward, then leave the door open to let it all air out again. Then it dawned on me, "wait a minute, I'm in an electric car, duh!"
You also could have used Summon and not even got in the car. ;)

My garage door opener failed last week. Commercial unit,14 feet above the floor. With my former ICE, I would have just left the car outside. But the charging cable is only accessible from inside.

What a pain! I have to go through the service door, turn on the lights. Lift the door by hand (a struggle, it's heavy), which balances just high enough to get the Tesla out (fortunately). Then go through the same process when getting back home.

Garage door service is scheduled for toworrow.

The price we pay <sigh>

Reactions: hiroshiy
You also could have used Summon and not even got in the car. ;)

I was futzing with the fob one day and forgot that summon works with it. I think I activated summon by accident, but there was so much stuff on all sides of the car it just say there and blinked lights at me. The parking sensors usually scream STOP about 8 inches before I'm ready to stop. What is probably making the sensors most nervous is some stuff near the right front of the car. When the car is in the right spot there is only about 6 inches between the stuff and the right front wheel.

I have a metal tool chest in front of the car that the sensors sometimes sees as another car. I get a little laugh every time it does that.

My SO is very nervous putting the car away, but my old car has the same wheelbase and same width as the Model S as well as being about a foot longer. Parking this in the garage after my Buick is fairly easy.

Eh, it's just me, but to start a ICE for 10 seconds to pull it up 18", I wouldn't even bother with opening the door. BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

But I had a similar moment when another TMC member was talking about moving some material and driving the MS around with the back hatch open, and I was about to post how dangerous that is because the vacuum that's generated pulls in the fumes.. uh, right, no fumes. Nevermind.

• Funny
Reactions: wdolson and msnow
One always smiles when happening upon that perfect Tesla flying formation.....

071626 027.JPG

Forgive me for not reading this whole thread. Im sure this has happened to others but never thought it would happen to me.

When picking up the kids from preschool, they often now unpredictably choose if they rather sit in the back seat (in car seats) or in the rear facing seats.

A couple days ago, for the first time, they chose differently. The 3 year old chose the rear facing seats and the 5 year old sat in the back. I buckled the 3 year old in the trunk and closed it. Went and sat in the drivers seat and was telling my 5 year old to hurry up and buckle himself in when I heard a loud knocking sound. At first I thought it was the kids hitting the glass but when I turned there was a concerned man out my window. I rolled it down and was like, was that you knocking?? And he's like, you know you have a kid in your trunk!? I was kinda shocked, all I said was, Oh! Yeah, there's seats back there! At which point he was like, umm ok then, and walked away. In hindsight I wish I opened the hatch for him to see. Lol

you know you have a kid in your trunk!?
This exact thing happened to my wife and I. We put the kids in the trunk, and as we're about to drive out from the shopping center, I can overhear the woman going to her car parked in front of us, and she's telling her friend "I think they put their kids in the trunk", and I'm laughing, but then she comes towards us, knocks on the window, my wife rolls it down and the woman says "do you know your kids are the in trunk?" my wife says "yes", and the woman goes "o, ok" and walks away (I thought she'd call the cops, because my wife didn't say anything about seats back there or that there are seatbelts/etc.)

Reactions: BigAirHarper
"do you know your kids are the in trunk?"
C'mon, people! The answer to a question like that has gotta be "OMG! You're kidding!? What was I thinking? But... then where did I put the groceries?" ;)

I'd offer that "THE" answer would have to be "They're not my kids." :rolleyes:

Stopped at the "local" supercharger (ie: 60 miles north of us) and when we came out of the restaurant, there were people peering in the windows. As they walked towards us, my husband said "You guys have any questions?". 15 minutes later and multiple other people stopping by to join the chat, I think we managed to answer most of them. Always great to see people marvel over the car and want to know all about it. :)

Got a nice Tesla mug for my desk to hold some pens and what not.

3 people already have asked "Did you get one????"

"No but I have one on order and will be delivered in August-September."

"I never knew they paid you that much."

Awkward silence...end scene.

Yea, this is going to be a common Tesla moment with friends, family and coworkers. Whether for the good or bad. :)

Got a nice Tesla mug for my desk to hold some pens and what not.

3 people already have asked "Did you get one????"

"No but I have one on order and will be delivered in August-September."

Yea, this is going to be a common Tesla moment with friends, family and coworkers. Whether for the good or bad. :)
Let them know you decided to leave your children less money and better air.

Look them right in the eye, lower your voice and say "TSLA is still a *very* good buy..."
Without saying anything about how you are or are not paying for the car, it ends that awkward moment ;)
And, imo, you're doing them a favor:rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler