Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a funny comeback.
I get those looks too, 28, but a face of a 18 year old. It's good to be driven and accomplish the goals we want in life. Life is too short to sit idly by on the couch, make the most of it!

This reminds me of a few months ago...I went to a new barber for a haircut and he wanted to give me a student discount because he thought I was still in high school. I was 28 :D

I picked up my 70D at 27. Fortunately, not many people ask how I could afford it at such a young age. I don't like the attention, so...win win. A few close friends and some acquaintances have asked, but the most I've gotten from strangers is just stares as I get into or out of the car.

Oddly enough, I really don't see that many other tesla's here in Orange County, Southern California. I used to see a lot when I was commuting down the 405 in the carpool lane, but on city streets, I hardly ever see any. I get excited and grin whenever I see another one because it's still a rare sight for me to see another tesla. So, I just had a huge grin on my face when I came out of the parking lot today at work and saw a red P85D parked right next to me.

As someone who's a bit more picky about where I park now (to minimize the chance of door dings) I thought to myself "yep, I'd have parked there too [next to another tesla]"

Bozeman is a relatively small western college town and so I was surprised to see another Model S parked at a spot I often go to for lunch. The blue P85D parked behind me was playing music as I approached and it turned out to be another Bozemanite that got his car about a year ago. We visited and he told me he was visiting a big city and decided to test drive a Maserati Grand Turismo since this $144,000 car was on sale used for $44,000. He said he stepped on it, and was totally Underwhelmed! No Maserati not even for a discount, Totally spoiled by his Tesla!
IMG_3962.JPG

Last edited:
I picked up my black 2014 S85 on June 16th in Chicago...7,000 miles, 13 states and 2 countries later - a few Tesla moments.

The first time my wife rode in it, we were in Brooklyn and we parked at Fairway market to get groceries. When we came out of Fairway, there was a couple circling Black Betty and the woman was filming it on her phone - all 360 degrees. My wife turned to me and asked, "Does this happen often?....It's a little creepy." Stayed and talked Tesla with them for a few minutes.

Parked outside getting takeout in Grand Haven, Michigan during a busy tourist time of year and the 15 year-old with a skateboard and flowing locks looks back over his shoulder and says in his coolest slacker voice, "Tesla....respect, man." (Whew, I was sweating his approval).

Stopped for 15 minutes crossing the border back from Canada - problem with the passports? - No, the customs agent wanted to talk about Tesla. Got out of the booth, did the full walk around, I opened the trunk and frunk for him.

Had a minor ding from a relative backing into my car in a crowded parking lot - took it to the body shop in Grand Rapids and they couldn't wait for me to bring it in to work on it. I had to delay from a Friday to Tuesday and they were audibly disappointed. When I dropped off the car, only thing in their appointment book was TESLA, written in all caps. When I picked it up (they did great work) we talked for 20 minutes about changing technology, Model III, all kinds of Tesla talk.

Can't tell you the number of "Hey man, nice car", pedestrian whiplash or people who "stalk" the car when it's parked and they think they can't be seen (or don't care).

It's been fun.

Weather permitting I'll be taking the Tesla to the areas largest car show at Landmark Park in Dothan Alabama on Oct 1st. I've already taken the Friday before the show to give the car a good cleaning. I even intend to wash the titanium belly and plan to bring a mirror to show that as well. I know it's not exactly close to my other Tesla friends, but it would be cool if I was not the only one. Any takers? I'm hoping for at least a few Tesla moments while there . . .

Had my best Tesla moment yet last night:

I was sitting outside with my wife finishing dinner at a restaurant with the car parallel parked right in front of us. (It's nice to enjoy dinner and check out your own car, hahahah) A friend I hadn't seen in a long time, who I used to work with years ago at my summer job while home from college, came strolling past. We recognized each other, chatted for 20 min and the discussion turned to cars. I knew he was big into technology so I asked if he knew about Tesla, he said of course. I just pointed behind him.

Friend: "oh wow very nice, you know I've been seeing a lot of these in Destin lately. "
Me: "oh really?"
(Slighly reaching into my pocket for the key)
Me: "have you ever sat in one?"
Friend: "no"
(Friend facing me, then turns to see the car unlocked)
Friend: "expletive, expletive, no expletive way! Sick! You got a Tesla!"
Me: "wanna go for a ride?"
Friend: "yes of course!"

Tesla talk proceeded and took him for a ride which he was blown away with. Great moment that made my night. He ended with "guess I know what I'm saving up for."
Another potential Model 3 owner!

I just passed the first 24h with my Model S 60D. A few moments to share.
  • I drove my friend home from band practice. On a nice and empty piece of road, slowly rolling. Then I floored it. He shouts straight out: "Oh my god!" And I have a slow Tesla.
  • I parked in town to load some stuff into the office. An elderly woman stops, walks up to me and bursts out: "What a beautiful car!"
  • The cars feels like a wolf in sheep clothing. One can tip-toe around town. Quietly, with superb low speed control. The you push a bit, and it turns into a a snarling beast... eh, well no. Quietly shoots you out of a canon.
  • I was dropping my friend of at home. We where slowly gliding into the parking lot, whilst talking. He turns to me and asks: "Why are we whispering?" The car is so quiet that we instinctively whispered as we pulled up to the houses in the evening, as if we were sneaking around. :D

Weather permitting I'll be taking the Tesla to the areas largest car show at Landmark Park in Dothan Alabama on Oct 1st. I've already taken the Friday before the show to give the car a good cleaning. I even intend to wash the titanium belly and plan to bring a mirror to show that as well. I know it's not exactly close to my other Tesla friends, but it would be cool if I was not the only one. Any takers? I'm hoping for at least a few Tesla moments while there . . .
We'll be on our way home from Indiana that day, so I'll have to look and see if we could route that way.

Edit: is 16 hours of driving to get there... Too bad, looks like a good time!

Last edited: